Titles / membership descriptions?

Gizmo199

Super random, just always wondered how people get the little tags under their names? Obviously I get it for moderators, etc. But I see some that have cool stuff like 'Bean lord' (made that up) or whatever. Can I apply for one of these? Also, sorry if this is a re-post or there is information somewhere that I am missing. I'm not exactly sure what to search. haha. Are there pre-defined ones? I see 'GMC Elder' a lot. Been on the forums since 06' *cough* *cough*. lol. Just more curious than anything. :p

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Contact a moderator (hi!) to request a change of your member title. You can pick whatever you want as long as it follows the community guidelines, e.g. don't request "Administrator" or "Duck".

GMC Elder is the title for retired staff, though.

To clarify, let's use my profile as an example. I have a member group (Moderator), optionally a banner (Forum Staff or YYG Staff, the former in my case) and a custom title (☄). You can change the custom title. The rest is dictated by your member group.

Gizmo199

Contact a moderator (hi!) to request a change of your member title. You can pick whatever you want as long as it follows the community guidelines, e.g. don't request "Administrator" or "Duck".

GMC Elder is the title for retired staff, though.
Oh cool! Wait Du*k is illegal? lol. Would love some context on this. haha. And cool, I wasn't sure if it there was specific criteria members had to meet or not. haha. That makes sense though. I don't really have anything in mind in particular, I just always see stuff and wasn't sure if it was a thing you get after 'x' contributions / helping people, providing tutorials / content, jam participation, years of membership, etc.

Edit: nvm. Nope. Du*k isnt allowed. Lol

Last edited:

Posh Indie

That Guy
Well, I found precisely the one I want now. @Nocturne: Requesting approval as it is right up my alley to be "That Guy". Come on~.

Edit: Modified to have an uppercase "G". More title-like. That said... "I accept"!

Last edited: