• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Title screen works fine, but I get a black screen on certain rooms.

L

LudicielBitsumi

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to build for HTML5. The title screen works, but as soon as I click on a button that go to another room, I get a black screen and I don't know why. The "About" room works, tough.
This happens through the software when testing as well as when I upload to my website.

I'm not sure what kind of object or code would cause this issue. The cameras?

Now, for privacy purposes I cannot submit project files. I apologize.

It's a simple game, it uses sprites, no shaders. The Options room, which give me a black screen, contain 5 buttons and a camera object.

I have read this: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...HTML5-Common-Issues-and-Differences-To-VM-YYC

And I don't think any of these issues apply.

I will post a link to my HTML5 upload in the next post.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LudicielBitsumi

I found the issue, there are functions that are made in a way that HTML5 doesn't support.

Last edited by a moderator: