Tiny Space Explorer

G

GFG

Hi everyone, this my first game using Gamemaker studio, I have used Gamemaker in the past but that was about 10 years ago so I'm a bit rusty :). I usually develop mobile games using a different game engine so I am going forward to a different type of project.

Tiny space explorer is going to be an exploration game with Metroidvania elements. The art style I'm trying to go for is an 8-bit minimalist look, I'm also using the NES colour pallet as I think it works well with a plain black background.

The main emphasis will be on exploring and collecting treasure so the difficulty level will be quite relaxed.

I'm not sure as of yet if I'm going to create one large world or a collection of smaller ones.

The game is still in its very early stages of development and has a long way to go.

Hopefully, I will have a demo out in the not too distant future. But here are a few screenshots for now so you can get the feel of it and see the direction I am heading.

[/IMG]

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 15.37.03.png

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 15.37.59.png

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 16.15.22.png

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 16.16.35.png

I like your art and it has a good style going on. The only thing I see as a downfall, I would prefer to not have darkness as a background and below the solid objects (dirt). I do look forward to it.

G

GFG

Thanks for all the replies guys. @sitebender I understand where you are coming from but I want the game to have the feel of an old ZX Spectrum game that's why I chose a plain black background
plus with a more detailed background, it would make the sprites harder to see as they are very small. Thanks for the feedback though it's appreciated :).