Question - IDE Tinting layers in the editor

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Sym, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Sym

Sym Member

Is there a way to assign a color adjustment to a layer in a way that it is visible in the editor? I use a perspective camera for my 2d game with a great many layers of parallax, so it often gets messy and hard to interpret without repeatedly running the game to see how it looks.

2. YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ Forum Staff Moderator

If they are background layers, changing Colour in layer properties will change the layer tint, including in editor

3. Sym

Sym Member

Unfortunately they are not. I am using instance layers filled with various detail objects with varying scales and rotations.

I had figured this wasn't a feature, because there's no obvious way to do it. Though your suggestion did at least give me the idea of putting locked, colored background layers with low opacity between each of the layers in question in order to simulate what I want