#Time2MeetYourMaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

XanthorXIII

You act like moderators are mighty forum Gods. They're just like us... people on the forum. They won't care that I have a negative opinion on how this is being handled. I'd be willing to bet a few of them are as upset as I am. It's frustrating because it just feels like somebody toying with us.
Moderators are mighty forum gods. ;) I'm not saying your post would get Ban Hammered, I'm just saying don't let it frustrate you and take it out on the forum prompting a response. It's possible that it's frustrating for them as well. I don't think they're toying with us. If they were they could have easily just posted one picture and walked off until release date or posted pictures of it that was blurred out even more so.

hippyman

I understand that being angry doesn't really get me anywhere in a logical sense. But, me having the ginger gene in me, I can't help but get a little hot headed. No worries. I still love me some GM and YYG and regardless of when they release, I'm sure to buy the software.

F

FabioF

You act like moderators are mighty forum Gods. They're just like us... people on the forum. They won't care that I have a negative opinion on how this is being handled. I'd be willing to bet a few of them are as upset as I am. It's frustrating because it just feels like somebody toying with us.
HYPE Collateral effects! :)

keep calm, we waited for a long time the GM:STUDIO 2 , waiting for other days doesn't change anything

GMWolf

aka fel666
Hype boosts sales. Its that simple.
Anticipation also allows us all to work extra hard for promotions and eat just potatoes for a month in order to put together whatever cash we will need.

G

gamible

After the DnD image got teased, I've been seeing a lot of people getting angry and saying that they want YoYoGames to focus more on GML. (Not necessarily on this thread, but on Reddit and Twitter.)

I think this is absolute bull crap... GameMaker is designed for beginner-advanced users, it uses DnD to teach the logic of coding, then after they can move onto GML. Taking more of the focus away from DnD would be a HUGE mistake. It would make it a lot less beginner friendly, but most importantly, it would leave a huge hole inside of GameMaker.

Who else only started coding because of the simplicity of the DnD Actions? I know I did. If anything, they should try to be improving Drag And Drop actions.

I'm not trying to say "GML isn't important and they shouldn't keep it", I'm just saying that ignoring DnD seems like a massive mistake.

HAEGOE

They just said "november", not "november 1st". november 30th is still november. As long as they aren't doing this until next month, it can be justified.

Also, DnD action is actually one of what I'm hyped about GMS2. According to the leaked video, you can convert the actions into codes. Action is causing worse performance? Turn it into gml, it will do what action did with better performance, problem solved. It's easy to compare the actions and codes, thus easier to learn gml.

Other parts are also hypeworthy as well to me. layer-based image edits, animated background tile support, etc, etc... I still hope I can use many high-resolution sprites without worrying about performance, though. as I always say.

G

gamible

So nobody saw the leaked footage and thought: "I'll download this video just incase..."?

hippyman

I don't think anyone expected it to be released Nov. I myself was hoping at least for a full announcement about it
I agree with this. I was at least expecting useful information like possible release date or at the very least a REAL TRAILER... These images tagged with "November" are just mean.

HAEGOE

Eh... that's not how it works, D&D is compiled to code before building anyway. You can see that by debugging a d&d event.
really? you mean d&d doesn't lead to poor performance? didn't know that.. am I confusing this with unreal's blueprints?

Micah_DS

So is November 1st of next year. :(
In all seriousness, it's definitely 100% this month and not next year. YYG would have to be utterly brainless to do marketing like that. Sure, some of YYG's choices have been a little less than ideal (after all, they are still people like you and me who don't always make perfect decisions), but they won't do anything like this at all.

G

gamible

How do you know that GML hasn't had a revamp too (assuming that DnD has)? GML wouldn't make for such pretty teaser pictures.... ;)
That's not what I meant at all! I am actually super excited to see what they do to GML. I was simple defending YoYoGames decision to improve DnD, since there has been a lot of hate for it. (Again, not on this thread, mostly on Reddit and Twitter)

Also, haven't they already teased a little bit of GML? The whole camera_create() thing? Regardless, I wasn't trying to say that they haven't, or shouldn't, revamp GML, I was just justifying DnD.

G

gamible

Everybody, what day do you think it will release? I believe it'll come out on the 15th of this month (since that's GMs aniversary)

N

NPT

Everybody, what day do you think it will release? I believe it'll come out on the 15th of this month (since that's GMs aniversary)
You're assuming the November teaser is it's release date.

I think the teasers are for the announcement, with a relase date some time to follow.

M

McWolke

if it's going to be released this year, i'd know what i want for christmas :D i guess it would be smart to release it in november, because of the reason i already mentioned: christmas! but i don't think that's gonna happen, even though the software looks finished and polished on the screenshots.

M

McWolke

what the hell :D so many vids?! and i am sitting here in college thinking about leaving the lecture just to watch these vids xD

Nallebeorn

So now everybody can stop worrying! There's no subscription fee, and there is a good deal for upgrading for previous Pro and Master collection owners. Nice to see them get those questions out of the way immediately :)
I'm kinda surprised that they've returned to a (significantly) less powerful free tier. That's very different from the way many other engines seem to be going.

G

Greg Squire

Wow! Looks like today is THE DAY! GM:Studio 2 is in BETA! I was just expecting an announcement, but a beta is so much better! And tons of videos on the YouTube channel (I counted 20).

So much goodness! Thanks YoYoGames!

Status
Not open for further replies.