• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

#Time2MeetYourMaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posho

I'm stealing this for the future.

I'm thinking this too. A lot of game engines are doing this. I would not be surprised if they introduce this. :)
:rolleyes:

Changed my mind, I hope they don't make subscription model for GM:S2 which is that means limited people will use GameMaker, Which is mean I can't use it :/
I'm pretty sure they'll try to follow a lot of paths from Unity. Hope they don't do it much except for the optimized 3D part.

XanthorXIII

I'm stealing this for the future.

:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure they'll try to follow a lot of paths from Unity. Hope they don't do it much except for the optimized 3D part.
They need to make some changes to the language to be more programmer friendly. It aleady is for the most part but there are somethings they can do to improve it

A

AnonyMouse

It is in that section... should be serious. YourMaker studio? YoyoMaker studio?
OK, we will wait until tomorrow!!!

Then we will keep waiting :)

I remember that, though not sure if they specified something.
I'm not sure what could they add besides 3D previews.
Just a more refined interface would be nice. Easier copying and pasting of objects as well as easier resizing using clicking and dragging.

Tom Francis, who made Gunpoint, said he ended up making his own level editor because the built-in GameMaker one was too cumbersome!

A

Andy

NO! NO! NO! :mad: I am already photo editing up some propaganda to fight against this name blasphemy. We need to stand strong together friends, this can be stopped!

:p

Micah_DS

This thread needs more humor. Everyone's being way too serious.

As far as 3D goes, let's not have unrealistic expectations. I want a little more 3D too, but I won't get my hopes up. I'm only expecting enough 3D and new features to allow me to re-create the SAO world and travel to it in the next-gen VR hardware that YYG will obviously release along with GM:God. You know, since SAO actually sucks, but the world looked pretty nice.

Surgeon_

Symbian Curator
I'm expecting this new GameMaker to be advanced enough for me to write goto statements inside of recursive execute_string calls.
EDIT: Also I want that Symbian export module that was promised a few years back.
EDIT2: And while I'm at it I also need a feature which prevents GameMaker from working when I have to study.

Micah_DS

Still waiting for the make_game() function.
On that note, a randomized version of the function would be a must. It'd be like the random dungeon generation of indie game development. Sure to be all the rage.:lemwink:

*...uses function after getting hands on the new Game Maker. ... compiles and runs game...*

Awesome~! This time, my game is about a malformed chicken statement in a pixie zoo, collecting s'moranges (s'mores + oranges) as ammo to be launched at ferocious animated body pillows, with the goal of achieving utter monetary bliss via trans-dimensional transactions in this Massive Massively MMOABFPS. But beware of the dreaded apple jello poodles and grab the binary banzai for a random boon if you get the chance!
CRAP, it's already a game in Japan!

kupo15

This is exciting, can't wait for the news to finally drop! I really hope that in addition to a more controlling resource and memory management that it has preferences or an Expert Mode that removes all the unnecessary built in variables and all the processes that makes a blank file take up at least 15mb of useless ram haha

G

gamible

I'm kind of expecting that there going to kill us.
I can just imagine yoyogames launching a giant nuke bomb lol.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I'm not looking forward to re-writing my projects from scratch. I have a strange feeling in my large intestine about this...

The GameMaker: Marketplace/Player are still in beta. So they will go obsolete before they are even out of beta.

I doubt by the time GMS2 is out, they will still want to work on porting to Mac and Linux the 1.x Player, but I could be wrong.

It's a free service, which they provide free out of their own kindness, meaning they can decline from providing it, at any point in time they decide.

I hope my extensions will still work in 2.x. I'm having enough trouble keeping them to work in just regular 1.x updates...

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gamible

Unfortunately that is always the case here.

YYG could make it 100% free for life, but someone would find something to complain about.
Well of course, have you ever seen a popular youtube video with no dislikes, no matter how good it is? If there is a possibility, there will be someone who does it.

Surgeon_

Symbian Curator
It just occurred to me, maybe "The Maker" (God) is a program which compiles GameMaker (Son of God). Also, GameMaker's IDE is written in Delphi which is a place where you go to communicate with God(s). It was speculated that the next iteration of GameMaker would be called Zeus. It all makes perfect sense now.

Ninety

It just occurred to me, maybe "The Maker" (God) is a program which compiles GameMaker (Son of God). Also, GameMaker's IDE is written in Delphi which is a place where you go to communicate with God(s). It was speculated that the next iteration of GameMaker would be called Zeus. It all makes perfect sense now.
it was only a matter of time before someone turned GameMaker into a religion

Status
Not open for further replies.