• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Time Dungeons

Bingdom

Googledom
Hello GMC!

I would like to present you to one of my current projects, Time Dungeons.
It's a game about progressing to the futuristic era, looting dungeons to help craft stronger weapons and equipment. You start in the medieval era (the one you see now).
I plan on adding time travel through time portals that will teleport you to a procedural dungeon based on the era you have selected. If you teleport to a dungeon that you aren't ready for, it will be difficult to progress through the dungeon. Right now, the game is in alpha.

Hardly any of the content is there, and it's one of the biggest scale projects I'm trying to do so far. I may stop this at any point for a smaller, less risky project.

Planned Features:
- 3 Eras (Medieval, Modern, Futuristic)
- Crafting
- A minimum of 100 items
- Multiplayer (hopefully)
- Decorations
- Improve the UI
- Shields and blocking
- Turn enemies into 3D models (maybe)
- More different types of enemies
- More weapons and different types.
Current Features:
- Access chests and inventory
- Attacking system implemented
- Bow and Wand fully working
- Minimap
- Procedural dungeon generation
Controls
WASD - Movement
Mouse - Camera
Left Click - Attack (need item in hand) or access a chest
Right Click - Focus (but also shoots rapid arrows for debug)
Scroll wheel - Select different item in hot bar
E - Open Player inventory
Q/Z - Make the player fly (debug)

Screenshots
upload_2017-3-26_18-47-32.pngupload_2017-3-26_18-49-49.png
upload_2017-3-26_18-53-14.png
upload_2017-3-26_18-55-55.png

Download

Last edited:

Gamerev147

Hello! I've been playing your game and decided to give you feedback on what I think:
You have an amazing game. However, it looks a bit like Minecraft. I would strongly recommend changing the texture at least a small bit to give it a unique feel.

An issue I had is that when I aim with the bow, the line of fire it creates kills the zombies. So i don't even have to fire an arrow to kill them.
I like the idea of futuristic elements being added. It would give the game a nice feel.

I would've given you more feedback, but I'm out of time. Good luck! It looks great so far! :)

Bingdom

Googledom
Thanks for the feedback! :D
You have an amazing game. However, it looks a bit like Minecraft. I would strongly recommend changing the texture at least a small bit to give it a unique feel.
Right now the sprites are about double the size of Minecraft's. What do you suggest I should change? I think I'll make the walls back to its original size in the next update. It makes the room look too big.

An issue I had is that when I aim with the bow, the line of fire it creates kills the zombies. So i don't even have to fire an arrow to kill them.
Left click is to aim and shoot with the bow.
Right click is supposed to make the player block with a shield. Temporarily you can shoot a spray of arrows for debugging purposes.

Gamerev147

Thanks for the feedback! :D

Right now the sprites are about double the size of Minecraft's. What do you suggest I should change? I think I'll make the walls back to its original size in the next update. It makes the room look too big.

Left click is to aim and shoot with the bow.
Right click is supposed to make the player block with a shield. Temporarily you can shoot a spray of arrows for debugging purposes.
I understand the arrow situation now. Thank you for the information.
About the textures: not the size, the style. It looks pixelated like Minecraft. Try using different looking textures.

However, all of this is up to you to change. It's just suggestions.
It's your game, have fun with it, and keep up the great work! ;)