• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Tileset sprites don't update in Room Editor? (GMS 2.3.3.570)

kpenrose92

So I've had this consistent bug the last few versions of gamemaker. When I edit the sprite that is used in my tileset, it doesn't update in the Room Editor tile painter. Has anyone else had this bug?

Kurt91

I can confirm that I've had the same issue as well. I'm trying to make a Sonic-esque game, using the SonicRetro "Sonic Physics Guide" and following the general method the Genesis games used for building levels, including working with a tileset made up of 128x128 sized tiles. I've never worked with this particular size before, and am wanting to build the tileset as I assemble the level, so that I can get an idea for what tiles will be needed and how to organize things. However, once I added in a new pair of tiles to the tileset, it's been impossible for me to update the Room Editor and actually use the tiles I've added.

I actually ended up making an account here to ask about this same exact issue, funny enough. (Could have sworn I used to have an account when I was tinkering with the original GameMaker Studio, but it didn't seem to exist at all.)

yaragad

Maybe late, but I have a work around.
I just created a New Tile layer in Editor and assign the updated tileSet. It refresh all layers and it is fixed.