• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED Tileset not updating correctly

Jaan

Hi Gurus.

I'm having some trouble with my tilesets. Tilesets have been created and applied to tile layers. That's not a problem.

However, if I then edit a tileset I can't re-apply the edited tileset to the layer. My steps:

1. Tileset has been created, applied to a layer and is in use.
2. Tileset sprite has been edited.
3. Sprite is re-imported.
4. Sprite is re-associated with the tileset.
5. Tileset is re-associated with the tile layer.

At this point nothing on the tile layer is visible. Turning visibility on/off makes no difference. The only way I've been able to re-apply the edited tiles is to delete the tile layer and recreate it.

All help appreciated! Thanks, Jaan.

Slyddar

It's a bug. This is from the beta notes, which is meant to fix it.

• Building Projects: Tilesets now always update correctly when building your projects after importing a replacement source image - even if "Disable Source Sprite Export" is disabled also

rIKmAN

its seems even in the 2023 version i still has this issue
It was fixed way back then but seems to have re-appeared in recent versions, it's not been like this all that time.

I just replied to someone else having the same issue - report it as a bug and it will get (re)fixed.