Legacy GM Tiles scaling glitch

D

Drago Supremo

Hi everybody,
i tried to add tiles to my game but i'm having a weird glitch: between some tiles there are some "transparent" gaps.
From what i have understood this might be caused by the tiles not being scaled properly, but i can't figure out how to solve it.

My view is 960 x 540 ported on a 1920 x 1080 window.

I have also read about texture clamping but haven't found a real solution :bash:

Any help would be appreciated :)

Attachments

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
So should i clamp my textures? I tried to click on the examples in the link but it opens an error page and i haven't found nothing about how to clamp on the internet.
Okay, that blog explains WHY the issue happens, but the fix is actually to expand the texture borders for each individual tile, so that when it's rendered the GPU selects the correct pixels to render. This can be a pain to do, BUT help is at hand! Download Tileset Champion (here) and it will recreate your tile textures for you with an additional border around each tile so that this issue is resolved (note that in GMS2 this is now done for you automatically... ;) ).

D

Drago Supremo

Okay, that blog explains WHY the issue happens, but the fix is actually to expand the texture borders for each individual tile, so that when it's rendered the GPU selects the correct pixels to render. This can be a pain to do, BUT help is at hand! Download Tileset Champion (here) and it will recreate your tile textures for you with an additional border around each tile so that this issue is resolved (note that in GMS2 this is now done for you automatically... ;) ).
This looks really helpful! Thank you very much