1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

GMS 2 Tiles, Is it broke, or what am I doing wrong? [Solved]

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Laura Bravo, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Laura Bravo

Laura Bravo Member

So I am trying to input some tiles in my room as I need ground with sidewalks and roads.
    First I leave areas transparent ( so grass shows ) and leave 1 pix between images.
    -The boxes show when I run the level or you can see lines where the grid is.
    -Mess around with the sprites tile x and y and edge filter settings, no change.
    Okay maybe because I'm doing it alpha so I just color the spots a nice grass color so no alpha still 1 pix sep
    -Lines still there, not as pronounced this time, but show up mostly a green color.
    Okay so now i make sprites that are 2 pix bigger so each edge not drawn has same pixels as edge dawn. Separation now 3 pix to account for the extra space on the edges.
    -Lines still there, fade around and move as screen moves though always present.

Load onto my android phone to test on that platform other than my windows laptop.
    -No change

What can be causing this and what can I do to fix it? I don't get the draw issues with objects, but I don't want to have 100s of road and side walk objects in a room if they are not needed. How to best use the tile function without the lines showing up??

***SOLVED***
    Seems output border was needed to fill the space on the outside, setting to 1 fixed the issue. Updating to help others that may come across this issue.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019