• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Tiled Forum is poo

Xer0botXer0

Senpai

I recently got tiled and it's a lot of fun to use, but have you tried googling 'Tiled something something' ? the fact that they named their software tiled means i hardly get the results im looking for lol

And then as a new member you can post 5 posts per every 24 hours which is very limiting when trying to figure out how the app works.
And once you've created a thread or opened a thread up there's no navigate back to forum home page button!

Does anyone used tiled ? As stated it's a lot of fun to use although I haven't tried importing a map into GMS so I hope all the work isn't for nothing, I'm already somewhat confused as to how the import is going to work in regards to all the layering..the layering to me is unintuitive, why cant it just set the tile depth based on the y coordinate ?

rui.r6o

You can export resources created in Tiled as JSON files, which means you can then parse them in GameMaker. I have some working code for importing the Tilesets, including animated tiles and some custom properties. Unfortunately I halted the project before getting map resources themselves imported into GameMaker, but I can share the rest of the code without any problem.

I can also try to pick up the project again, but that means it would still take a while until everything was supported. As you'd be the only person so far that I know would need the support I could prioritize the features you need to support, though.

EDIT: Looking back at the documentation is seems that they have added a plugin to export to GameMaker: Studio 2.3 since I've last looked at it. See the documentation.

Last edited: