Tile is blank??

R

Remer1

Hello.I am working on a good Pokemon game.I need nice graphics but I cannot load all if them due to unexpected error.So I took only two tile sets.one is small and one is about 5000 in length.I added the tiles into the room and played it.But on the game only some tiles are visible while the others are only grey boxes.I checked using an executable also but the problem persists.I can see the tiles on the editing session but not in the game.

R

Remer1

Please did I miss any points. Please tell me if you need more info about it.

F

Flip

I believe this could have something to do with texture pages. I'm sorta newish to GM but have read about people having problems when their textures get too big for their groups. Maybe check into those!

TheouAegis

Are your tiles all on the same row, or are they in rows and columns?

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

or

0 1 2 3
4 5 6 7
8 9

R

Remer1

Are your tiles all on the same row, or are they in rows and columns?

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

or

0 1 2 3
4 5 6 7
8 9
please make it in a way so that I can understand.I dont know what to do with it.

TheouAegis

In your tile sheet (the image that contains all the tiles), are the tiles all laid out in one single strip or are they laid out in rows and columns?
A:

B:

R

Remer1

Like the B one of your options.Please it is just showing grey in some variable.

Go "Global Game Settings" --> Windows -or all the operation systems that your game will be run- --> Graphics, on the right, there is "Texture Pages" thing, set it to a bigger value than your biggest sprite.

R

Remer1

Please.I didn't see that option in global game settings.The tiles in the room is seen perfect but in the game some are grey.

TheouAegis

Well, then edit your tile sheet so that it's wider. Make your tile sheet 1024 pixels wide and however high it needs to be after that. The most likely culprit is that your tile sheet is just too tall.

R

Remer1

Shall I resize canvas or stretch it?cause stretching will destroy it.