• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP This goddamn export - Help needed!

ZeDuval

Anyone able to get the UWP export to work and offer some help? I can truly say that I did and tried everything in the last few days, including but not limited to:

- Windows reinstall
- Windows update to annivesary edition
- Countless dates with the visual studio installer
- Compiling blank C++ UWP(like shown in the setup uwp blog entry) debug&release / Compiling blank C# UWP(like shown in the setup for store blog entry) debug&release
- Letting blank app how it is / making the namespace the same for uwp app and gm project
- trying to sign the temporary_key(provided by uwp compile) through gm(preferences page) / by hand
- change the key folder to different values
It seems that everything works until the end, where I get a signerSign() error, so it's something the signing process.
Yes, my computer is in Dev mode, always for the last few month because I turned html export into uwp apps.
I don't know what to try anymore.
Please offer the one way I didnt think of, no matter how dumb I will look! :D

Just to make it clear: This is about the Testplay in GM.
I am not at home right now but can later also provide the exact error message if needed.

COWCAT

Yes, I get the same thing... I have submitted a ticket to the support team one month ago, they tried a few things but it still won't work.

I get this error (in the events log) :

"error 0x8007000B: The app manifest publisher name (CN=YoyoGames) must match the subject name of the signing certificate (CN=Sandbox)" (for a blank project)

It seems the "(CN=YoyoGames)" isn't correctly replaced by the signature value in the manifest file.

I've given them pretty much all the possibles files so they can look into it.

Did ANYONE succeed in using it?

COWCAT

Just got a reply from the support team. This is due to the system language! If it's not English, it will probably not work for you. (mine is French)

They're working on a fix, but until it's available, the only solution is to change the Windows locale.

ZeDuval

Yeah, mine is(was) german. Changing the system language to english took ~5minutes. Visual Studio > Compile Debug/Release > Set temporary key in gamemaker project > F5 > IT WORKS.
This is the kind of information that should be communicated, maybe.