This Game Could Save Lives

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SilentxxBunny, Apr 28, 2019.

1. SilentxxBunny

SilentxxBunny Epsilon

Video Games have the power to save lives. Click here to learn about a game designed to detect Alzheimer's Disease. Please help spread the word about this. It's a horrible disease, that is more treatable in the early stages.

Here's a challenge for you all to think about: Can you use your art to change the world for the better? Dream big and don't be afraid to ask for help!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Alexander James and Nocturne like this.
  2. Alexander James

Alexander James Member

This is amazing! (and also it sounds like a challenging game)

SilentxxBunny likes this.
  3. Bearman_18

Bearman_18 Member

Huh. That's pretty cool! I hope to one day use the story of my games to warn people about bad ideologies, as well as promote my own philosophy. Though before I do that, I have to be absolutely sure what those are. Lol. I want to play this game. It sounds fun.

SilentxxBunny likes this.
  4. SilentxxBunny

SilentxxBunny Epsilon

I think I just had one of those ideas. You know those LCD picture frames? Imagine one that hangs on your wall, designed for someone with Alzheimer's Disease or Dementia.

Throughout the day, it'll automatically shuffle between:
    • The date/time
    • Who the president (or equivalent) is
    • Photos of your family/children with their names
    • Recent events that can be programmed by their caretakers
    • Recent world events
    • A periodic reminder of what disease you have
    • Etc.
    My grandfather had Alzheimer's and in the later stages - he would check a paper calendar on the wall 20-30 times a day (unable to retain the information.) If someone in the early stages hung this device in their home (in a prominent location) I believe that it could help them tremendously as the disease progresses. This idea came to me because my dad was watching 50 First Dates when I walked downstairs a few moments ago... I'm going to start working on it in my spare time. Anyone who wants to help is welcome, but I'll figure it out one way or the other.

Throughout your careers, ask yourself "can I use my art to make the world a better place" often, and you just might. If you think you're onto something, post it here. Your idea may inspire more ideas.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  5. Roa

Roa Member

Funny... I came up with a game to end lives.

6. SilentxxBunny

SilentxxBunny Epsilon

Shame on you.

Kepons likes this.
  7. zendraw

zendraw Member

looks like a waste of time with a pretty name.

8. SilentxxBunny

SilentxxBunny Epsilon

I'm not sure that I follow you, zendraw. What sounds like a "waste of time with a pretty name?" The game which can detect a mental disorder early on - or my hair-brained idea to create a "quality of life improvement" for people with the same disorder? I can only hope that you're referring to Roa's comment here.

Edit: I'd hate for this thread to disintegrate any further, so I won't be responding to anymore posts like Roa's... but I encourage anyone who'd like to participate in the discussion I originally proposed to jump in at their whim. Together we can make the world a better place. I truly believe that.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  9. Roa

Roa Member

I was going to turn it into a creepy-pasta too

10. zendraw

zendraw Member

you cant impruve a sh***y life.