Things in my game doesnt show up

L

Loke

Im trying to make a game, but when i test the game nothing shows up.
The objects show up in the room editor but as soon as i run the game i only get the background. I started with uninstalling and reinstalling gamemaker 2 but that didnt do anything. I even tried to load a gms2 demo but the same thing happens. I cant find a sulution and i need help. If you have any suggestions on whats wrong please tell me.

Tornado

Have you assigned a sprite to your object(s) and checked the objects' visible flag?
1603577207038.png

Have you put your instance(s) onto the "Instances" Layer and that layer is set visible?
1603578047172.png

Last edited:

Tornado

In addition to @Tornado 's advice, keep in mind that any object with a Draw or Draw GUI event will only draw what you program it to, not its sprite, unless you add draw_self().
Ah yes, I missed that, thanks for the addition!
So, like AnotherHero said, if you added a Draw Event manually, then you have to put draw_self(); in it, like this:
1603580879741.png

L

Loke

And now it dosent show up. Idk if theres a problem with the Runtime. It worked fine until i change to 2.3

R

RT_GYPHON

Ah yeah, that's the EXACT problem I have faced when I was working on my game and I also made all those things up (made sprite visible, instances were in proper "layer" and I made draw event)
Also, sorry to resurface this topic again, I was busy studying for the olympiad and I had to go to recovery to gain motivation and what not