• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE "There is not enough space on the disk." Error

Tobey

This is just a quick question about the "System.IO.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk." error. It fixes itself when I restart gms2 and frees up 6GB's so I'm assuming this is just something to do with temporary files but I would like to confirm that this only occurs when building the game from the IDE and not when running the game directly from its executable.

Thanks in advance.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
This will occur when you're compiling your game and you're out of disk space. It has nothing to do with how the game is ran.

In general, when you're out of space, expect everything to spontaneously start throwing hissy fits. So don't run out of space. ;)