• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free TheMemer! (GMC Jam Theme Guesser)

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
thememer.png

TheMemer is a program that performs a dictionary brute-force on a provided input string.
This program was made for fun and with no ill-intentions. The main goal is to create a program capable of being able to provide guesses for the theme of the annual GMC Jam.

How does it work?

TheMemer asks for a dictionary you wish to use, this is a text file with a list of words to filter through.
It then asks for the input theme, typically the theme guess is something along the lines of ( ? ? E / ? I ? / ? A ? T Y )
The default input is "apple" to avoid errors from someone skipping through the two okay buttons.
TheMemer then sanitizes the input by making it all lower case and removing spaces.
It then opens the text file and pulls a string and compares it to the input string.
If it comes across an ? it simply skips over it keeping the current string it's pulled in mind for a possible guess depending on if it contains the letters that are confirmed.
When it is finished It will pop up a message that it is finished, then open the local file in the default browser to show you the output of guesses!
or it will simply say it failed to come up with any ideas.

Can I use this?
Sure! I take no responsibly of what you do with it! Here's the download links.

https//evaccoonitchio/thememer

Current version: 1.5
+Added Icon
+Changed Cipher algorithm so its faster
+Added Linux port
*nothing different from all versions
*Released

Can I contribute?
Of course! The best things you can do are:
  • Try to guess strings and note outputs that act funny (Ie: it never finishes, it provides glitched text)
  • Provide Good dictionaries to add to the project!
  • Send me bug reports!
  • Provide an Icon for the exe file :)

Current todo, bugs & issues
TheMemer can only handle one word ciphers, looking into getting it to guess sentences
Exe might as well have an Icon for lol's sake
Linux export because linux
add cool text log as its only debug messages

Last edited:

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
VERSION 1.3 RELEASE
This update brings bugfixes and the Raspberry Pi release!

input from dictionaries are now sanitized
added a new dictionary option Google-10000-english dictionaries by https//githubcom/first20hours/google-10000-english
Released!

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
VERSION 1.4 RELEASE
This update brings code optimization and general user ability improvements

For all exports that are not linux, TheMemer now opens a file menu and asks for what dictionary you want to use
No longer uses string compares and rather checks against the utf-8 codes
Small optimizations in code
Input for Dictionary is still the same as the last version due to linux not having support for the function used for windows and mac

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
VERSION 1.5 RELEASE

+Added Icon
+Changed Cipher algorithm so its faster
+Added Linux port
*Released

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
TheMemer is now open source!
just pay the low fee and enjoy the code to your hearts content!

Last edited: