GMC Jam Discussion The Zesty GMC Jam 37 Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sybok

I won't say "I'm in", because that usually results in me instantly thinking "Why did I just do that?", when it comes to Jams of any kind.

So I won't say "I'm in!!!" 😁

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Choo choo, here comes the hype train!
original_hype_train.png
(I somehow managed to lose this image last time I migrated computers and had to do quite a bit of digging to find it again - when did I lose the grip on life like this)

T

Tonywryip

Yo I am super new to GML like just started a month ago and I have no previouse programming experience, should I even consider submitting like a top down space rock variant to this jam? I dont know anyone else in the community... hmmm I guess its time to start hanging out around here then...

Mercerenies

Yo I am super new to GML like just started a month ago and I have no previouse programming experience, should I even consider submitting like a top down space rock variant to this jam? I dont know anyone else in the community... hmmm I guess its time to start hanging out around here then...
Go for it! As long as it's something made within the three-day period, have an adventure. It doesn't have to be expertly made by any stretch. My first Jam entry was an incredibly generic platformer with wonky physics. The main character was a faceless red sphere. No story; I was just too lazy to make an actual character model. These contests are a great way to get more involved in the community.

Toque

The jams are for anyone. Of course you can enter. Normally you would see what the theme is and try and make a game relate to it. But you can make any game you can. If you read the original post that will give you some guidance. Follow this post for fun as well.

I hope to see you there. Dont worry if your game isn't Zelda. Just have fun and make the best game you can that weekend. Simple little games are great in jams. You still have a couple weeks to learn some GM. If you can make something move, shoot and die you got yourself a game....haha.

T

Tonywryip

Go for it! As long as it's something made within the three-day period, have an adventure. It doesn't have to be expertly made by any stretch. My first Jam entry was an incredibly generic platformer with wonky physics. The main character was a faceless red sphere. No story; I was just too lazy to make an actual character model. These contests are a great way to get more involved in the community.
this is my way in bois 😏 thanks for the encouragement! since I don't know the scene I didn't want to bring fast food to an haute cuisine party 😅 jokes aside guess I'll see you guys in the jam zone 👉

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
As long as it's something made within the three-day period
@Tonywryip Actually, it's four-day period, i.e. from Thursday noon UTC to Monday noon UTC.

In this Jam's case, it's from May 28th 12:00 UTC to June 1st 12:00 UTC. You can use the countdown timer here.

Originally it ran from Friday to Monday, but it's been suggested to add Thursday as an extra day for brainstorming - since at the start people mostly do brainstorming, anyway - and we generally found the four-day period to work pretty well for the past few Jams.

Josh Chen

Some theme ideas that still work! (Not specific at all, we had way too much fun with this!)

IN SPACE DECEPTION FOR MARS
IN CRASH DETECTIVE COP CARS
IT REEKS DEFECTIVE DOG FOOD
IT SUCKS EXPECTING COW POOP
IT HURTS DEFENDING POT LIDS
IN SHOCK ASCENDING SOY BEAN

I already have ideas for some of these.

Last edited:

Bart

WiseBart
A new guess:

IN HEAVY INTENSIVE GOD MODE

Not sure if there can be more E's, I's or O's in the other positions.
If not, the list of 9 letter words can be narrowed down to just a few likely ones, among which blueprint, superrich, synergism (assuming that it's not ytterbium 😄 ). That is, not including conjugations of certain verbs, like "squeaking".

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
I N / S E V E N / A B J E C T I N G / Y O U / F A R M

Correct letters
90% positive correct guessed letters
100% guessed letters

not really trying to guess phrases but the correct letters, when at least 1 letter for each word is reviled then guessing phrases would work a lot better

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
I am still surprised I've never been in last place...
I made a paint program called PaintB***h and still didn't get last place.
A proper sequel might be due soon, PaintB***h didn't have all the features I'd like.

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
I N / S E V E N / A B J E C T I N G / Y O U / F A R M

Correct letters
90% positive correct guessed letters
100% guessed letters

not really trying to guess phrases but the correct letters, when at least 1 letter for each word is reviled then guessing phrases would work a lot better
20% of your Blue letters are incorrect, 80% of them are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.