Steam The Walking Vegetables (Win+Mac)

S

StillRunning

It’s the 1980’s and an evil alien race has invaded Earth, turning all vegetables into crawling, bawling, mauling abominations. You are about to join Department Radical, the grooviest police force on Earth. Are you a rad enough dude (or dame) to smite these ravenous creatures?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/704840/The_Walking_Vegetables/

Ok, I think that's enough with the screenshots!
So, The Walking Vegetables is something me and my team (team of three people) have been working on for the last year. The Walking Vegetables was supposed to be just a small mobile game at first, but you know how it goes when you plan on something. Stuff happens, and boom. You have something completely different in your hands.
Now, our game has been released on Steam (Find it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/704840/The_Walking_Vegetables/ ) and we ended up with a LOT bigger game than we originally set to make. But in a good way. We've had a ton of fun in the last year, working on all of the stupid and idiotic ideas we've had (we don't ask why. We ask why not? and so, if an idea sounds crazy and stupid enough, it'll find itself in the game)

We're really proud of our vegetable mayhem so far, and since I made the engine from ground up to make it as easy as possible to add new content in it, we have a-lot of plans for the future of The Walking Vegetables. It's released, yes. But if you go check the news section on the Steam page, you'll see we're actively updating the game with new content weekly. And we'll continue to do so in the future! :)

I'm really bad at writing this stuff, and I don't know what else to tell at this point. I'd appreciate it if you had the time to check the Steam page out, and maybe even consider supporting our little venture with The Walking Vegetables!

Oh also! The Walking Vegetables has an insanely deep story behind it. If you're interested in the lore, you can watch the whole storyline told within this minute long animation:

Alright, I think that's all for now!
In case you read everything so far, good job! You can tap yourself on the back for me, you did good!

-REllU

(psst! Maybe even go check out our Facebook and Twitter? Links are down here! Thanks!)
https://www.facebook.com/StillrunningGame/?ref=bookmarks

https://twitter.com/StillRunningZKW

M

Misty

Cool video. I was thinking about buying this game, but I would like to play a demo. Now I know that game demos are no longer "hip" or cool in these days, but I miss the old days of demos which got you hooked on the game and you wanted to buy it. Personally I don't wish to buy something before I actually play it and see if I like it.

So.
The split-screen=good. Split screen is undervalued and I appreciate a game which appreciates the use of local multiplayer.
Gamepad = good.
Video = good.
Not having a demo=not good.

0.Bytes

Cool video. I was thinking about buying this game, but I would like to play a demo. Now I know that game demos are no longer "hip" or cool in these days, but I miss the old days of demos which got you hooked on the game and you wanted to buy it. Personally I don't wish to buy something before I actually play it and see if I like it.

So.
The split-screen=good. Split screen is undervalued and I appreciate a game which appreciates the use of local multiplayer.
Gamepad = good.
Video = good.
Not having a demo=not good.
Yeah, I also miss demos, they are dont have to be too long or whatever, just a basic demonstration of what the game is about, having a demo it is definetely something I consider when I think about buying a game

S

StillRunning

Hey to you both!

Thank you for the feedback, appreciate it! And I think you're right about the demo. It's actually something I've been thinking for a while now (since, in all honesty, The Walking Vegetables is a rather "random" looking game, so most people don't feel confident enough to actually put money into it before they can actually test it out) So I'll talk to the publisher, and see what we can do about it!

Speaking as someone who has a demo that's had 30,000 downloads on 2 sites and very few sales, I'm uncertain demos translate to sales. Heck it didn't even translate to Greenlight votes and I had a Greenlight button in the game. I still managed to get refunds, even with a demo. The warez sites love the demo and claim its the full version.

Every case is different. My experience might not be your experience. Maybe demos just have audiences that will never buy the game. Perhaps they only wishlist it and wait for the price to be low enough. Even Nintendo had a demo / free portion of Mario Run.

Last edited:
S

StillRunning

Hey sitebender!

That is also very true. I've gone back and forth with this, but I think it will be atleast worth a shot. We just need to make it properly.
For now, though, I'm already working on a huge update for The Walking Vegetables, which will probably take a week or two before I get it finished, so the demo will have to be forgotten for now. I want this new feature be in the demo as well :)