• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

The vansihing GM:S

B

Blakkid489

Whoa. . . .looks like game maker is taking tips from Construct 2 lol. Though for the most part it still has that game maker feel. If anything, all the normal/classic functions are now more advance and easy to manipulate. Not to mention the sprite editor now uses layers and WAY better use of onion skinning (which is awesome).

But honestly the overall engine is great. . . .just isn't as user friendly as studio/gm8. . . yet

C

CedSharp

Whoa. . . .looks like game maker is taking tips from Construct 2 lol. Though for the most part it still has that game maker feel. If anything, all the normal/classic functions are now more advance and easy to manipulate. Not to mention the sprite editor now uses layers and WAY better use of onion skinning (which is awesome).

But honestly the overall engine is great. . . .just isn't as user friendly as studio/gm8. . . yet
With more power comes more responsibilities...
Same goes for app, the more features, the more "settings" and the more "less user-friendly" it gets.

I think that, for the set of feature that gms offers, its user-friendliness is incredible.
they added tons of features to the drag n drop and yet it feels even more user-friendly than it was before.

GM8 doesn't even compare to studio. First of all it doesn't have module exports. You really can't compare them :p

CedSharp

B

Blakkid489

First of all lol I was referring to the interface of gm:s and gm8. Obviously Studio is superior. And yes I agree that the Studio interface is incredibly user friendly. Studio 2 is just more complex and yet very innovative. I'm sure they will make it more user friendly before the initial release.

R

Rukiri

I haven't really touched GMS2 much, but the UI is pretty straight forward, I also like that everything has layers in the room editor big+!
Do wish they wet with a node system over objects, but that would break compatibility with 1x.