The Unofficial Art Gallery

S

Set

Glad to have found an art thread. I'm currently struggling to learn GM for this project I've been working on for a few years now, but it'll center around this group of children and their familiars. I'll share more about the project (and I'll eventually open up a thread for it), as I progress with GM. Enjoy :3

Attachments

Bingdom

Googledom
Progressing with art. (I should try to draw more realistic drawings rather than my avatar lol)
High Res Bingdom.png

I still got a lot to learn.

Last edited:
C

ChampionChains

I started teaching myself pixel art and animation about a week ago. The first night I threw together these quick models/animations in either 32x32 or 64x64 (the orc):

I was happy with them for the most part though the orcs lower body could use some serious work.

I've been working on a personal project (my first GMS game) which the below pieces are for:

As for traditional artwork, I've got only a few samples uploaded. Mostly character commissions for Warcraft or Mouse Guard RPG characters:

One of my quickest arts. Hand drawn, then digitally colored. The 2 frames of animation were done separately.

I like the clown because he incorporates a rainbow worth of color and yet still looks good.

Last edited:
X

xesphoj721

Here are some more artsies. The former is a phone sketch from 2016, and the latter is a Fakemon submission for a fanart contest hosted on the r/pokemon Discord server:

Electros

Started experimenting with pixel art last week, posted the below on Twitter today:

PixelDaily020118_2.gif

Trying to do it has given me a much greater appreciation of some of the phenomenal work out there (and here!), in particular characters, animations and environments.

A

Ampersand

There's a lot of digital art so I thought I'd post a few things. Between tapping on a keyboard all day for the paycheck and working all night on code for the love of it, I don't paint or draw as much as I used to (it used to be quite an obession). But I try to continue painting abstracts regularly just because it helps get mental blockage out. I used to draw a lot of mazes and tesselations for the same reason, simply therepeutic. Here's a few random things:

Gamebot

Nice!

Always keep ALL of your concepts with backups such as this photo above. Just in case you need them later. ;)

I have way more concepts then time to produce them all wothout a crew. Who knows though.

Megax60

Nice!

Always keep ALL of your concepts with backups such as this photo above. Just in case you need them later. ;)

I have way more concepts then time to produce them all wothout a crew. Who knows though.
at least you make me feel good, not like my brother, ¡he is a ****! (o sorry, i just wanted to express myself)

Megax60

My brother tried to make a concept art, this is what i get.....

who is worse, my bro's concept art, or the other one

Megax60

@Megax60 I dont like bugging people but you do realize there is a thread for posting and getting feedback on your art pieces in the off-topic. Its called the Unnoficial Art Gallery thread thats pinned up. Of course you dont have to be a professional or have good style. Its all for fun sharing and receiving comments and advice for your art style.

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/the-unofficial-art-gallery.88/
yes, but in that thread you receive lees feedback, i just wanted to have some fun with some of you

M

Misu

yes, but in that thread you receive lees feedback, i just wanted to have some fun with some of you
What are you talking about? All you have to do is ask for feedback in the same thread instead of just only posting the image. People always check it out and tend to give their opinions if asked so, otherwise we would assume that criticism is a bit too personal for the creator. Believe me, we all have fun here too. ;)

I made another one.......................................................... bites the dust
Can someone teach me how to draw hands?
I'm constantly learning myself, but let's see if I can learn from what you have.

It doesn't look like your character has hands, rather long forearms + fingers at the end. It also looks like each finger is a U shape rather than a stacked L shape. UUUU vs LLLL

Keep at it. Draw more and more!

If all else fails...

Step 1: Take a picture of your own hands in the same position.
Step 2: Draw that picture.

Megax60

I'm constantly learning myself, but let's see if I can learn from what you have.

It doesn't look like your character has hands, rather long forearms + fingers at the end. It also looks like each finger is a U shape rather than a stacked L shape. UUUU vs LLLL

Keep at it. Draw more and more!

If all else fails...

Step 1: Take a picture of your own hands in the same position.
Step 2: Draw that picture.
hey, do you think that Misu hates me? i think he does

EDIT: also, thanks for the info, LLLLLL

Last edited:
Ok, this are the last concept arts that im posting for now, i better get to work on my game, @sitebender LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

This one is much older(like 4 months), i drew some LLL on this one, so, hands still look weird.
Also, this one is based on a bible character (Cloud, Golden crown,(i didn't like the crown, so she has a halo and yellow hair) BIG sharp sickle,(it's really not that big)
i dont remember if it has wings or i added them)

These are concept arts...
Thumb needs to go around the spear. Both thumbs. First one looks better in terms of hands.

Megax60

Thumb needs to go around the spear. Both thumbs. First one looks better in terms of hands.
yee, i was thinking about that, but i didn't care, cuz, i drawed that one like 4 months ago, i replaced the UUUUU for LLLLL without using the eraser ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bingdom

Googledom
Sorry for the recent double post. I think this deserves its own post.
This isn't drawn looking like someone in particular.

I've always wanted to try shading in traditional art with colours. I've recently taken the time to give it a good go.
Face Drawing.png

I need a better monitor for this

Last edited:

mimusic

lotusPixelLarge.png
Warframe fan-pixel that I made last night instead of sleeping at a reasonable time :^)

feedback welcome if anybody has some! Personally I think the purple outlining works in some areas, but in others it seems a little weird. Overall, the outlining is a little inconsistent. I just kinda said "meh" cuz it was 3AM and I was finally tired enough to fall asleep at that point.

View attachment 18148
Warframe fan-pixel that I made last night instead of sleeping at a reasonable time :^)

feedback welcome if anybody has some! Personally I think the purple outlining works in some areas, but in others it seems a little weird. Overall, the outlining is a little inconsistent. I just kinda said "meh" cuz it was 3AM and I was finally tired enough to fall asleep at that point.
Your fan art is so good... I made fan art of your fan art despite never having played Warframe.

Oh my goodness, I wish for this to be canon <3

thank you for the kind words :)
Thank you for the inspiration. I had to make it from memory and not use your art for a reference otherwise I may have cloned your art or at least the colors making it less of actual fan art.