Team Request The Testiment of Solomon

S

Sam (Deleted User)

For complete background of the story this project is based on, the Testiment of Solomon can be read in this PDF.

I would like to make a game which is a story-driven action platformer based on the ancient text, the Testiment of Solomon.

I realise this is going to be a very big project and something I probably am not going to be able to tackle on my own. I want to target Desktops (Windows, Mac, and Linux specifically).

I can do:

I'm ok with doing the programming, level design, game mechanics, story, and character concept art.

Needs: sound, music, animation

I need someone to do the sound, music, and animation based on the concept art. This will be a very long term project so it will be worked very casually with no deadline to speak of until things get closer to looking somewhat polished.

Payment:

No payment, this will be a free and open source game once it is released, I want people to not just have fun playing the game but also let it be a learning experience if they want to dive into its source. There will technically be a paid steam release I plan on publishing, but that will be more of a means to donate to us and most people will probably download the game elsewhere to get it free anyway. I don't care about making money so you can have donations if you help, just work out with everyone who helps who gets how much.

Story/GamePlay/concept

not completely true to the original story of the Testiment of Solomon, as he only needs to stamp a demon once with his ring in order to take control of it, but there is twist my game takes advantage of not found in the story, to make the game play more challenging and interesting.

Demons will resist being stamped, some will use blocking methods, others will be fast and evasive, so you will need to weaken them with several methods of power the ring gives you.

Powers of the ring:

At first, the ring's only power is to bring forth miracles, one example being to call fire and brimstone (or asteroids, meteors, and other space junk) from heaven to crash down upon the demon, moves such as these will need a lot of MP (miracle power) to use, which you are limited on during each level, once you run out, you lose.

MP can be obtained from various items, and the potential MP can be increased each time you take control over a new demon. You can only have one demon assist you in a given level at a time, but at the very beginning of the game you start off with no demons under your control, and some can only be found in secret areas, especially the more powerful ones, which the game can be beat if you happen to not find them all, but it won't be as easy, and taking control over them so you can use them for the rest of the game will not be easy either, but is vital for making the gameplay more interesting, and adds to the replay value.

Once you have weakened a demon enough, you can then stamp them with the ring, and then they are under your control. The demons you fight for control of won't be able to harm you, but they will be able to harm the demons you have recruited, and the point of using demons to fight, is while they are typically not as strong as the ring itself (MP) they are a lot faster and can be used to weaken the demons you want to recruit a lot quicker without having to sacrifice your ring's MP, which demons under your control do not drain. If a demon under your control gets weakened to a certain point in battle, he can no longer be used until you either lose the level or beat it and go to the next one.

Anyway I hope there are people here who would like to work on this with me, I find it a very interesting story and a perfect foundation to start a new game project on.

Last edited by a moderator: