Windows The Superfluous

A

actruncale

DOWNLOAD DEMO

AVAILABLE ON STEAM SOON

About The Game:

• Sci-Fi - I love reading all types of science fiction {Asimov, Niven, Heinlein, Card, Howey, Clarke, Wells, etc.} and have always tried to find away to include that genre in my games.
  • Rogue-like - This game is more like a rogue-lite. There is perma-death if your squad members die: but gear-levels and game progress are persistent.
  • Progress - Your squad mates gain levels through progressing through the cave, killing enemies, unlocking lore, missions, etc. Each level will unlock Perks giving your squad mate special abilities or passive bonuses. These perks are lost when squad dies.
  • Cave Diving - Without divulging too much of the story, this game takes place on a giant asteroid. Inside this asteroid are many dangers and rewards for your men/women to find.
  • Story - Humor is the keyword here. More on this later
  • Platformer - Side scrolling, cave diving, rocket jumping.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Splendid effects and physics! I thoroughly enjoy the simplicity and consistency of the graphics, the lighting effects, and especially the water. I'm really not sure how you did that but it fascinates me. I will definitely have to play this game!

H

Hamed

Love these types of games. Looks well polished and well designed.
I would like to try it out.

H

Hamed

Btw, you haven't included the steam link.
I want to vote for it

Surgeon_

Symbian Curator
@actruncale The game looks promising, like a mix between Broforce and Terraria, which can only be a good thing - but, to be honest, the graphical style resembles Broforce a bit too much. Other than that, I'd like to commend your choice of literature, and to point out that the surname of Arthur C. Clarke is spelled with an 'e' at the end (I'd know, because he's my favourite writer :) ). Anyway, good luck with the project, keep us posted!

A

actruncale

@actruncale The game looks promising, like a mix between Broforce and Terraria, which can only be a good thing - but, to be honest, the graphical style resembles Broforce a bit too much. Other than that, I'd like to commend your choice of literature, and to point out that the surname of Arthur C. Clarke is spelled with an 'e' at the end (I'd know, because he's my favourite writer :) ). Anyway, good luck with the project, keep us posted!
Thanks for the correction :)

A

actruncale

Btw, you haven't included the steam link.
I want to vote for it
Thanks for your interest! It has already been greenlit. I am working on it to release (probably as an Early Access) soon.