• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM The sprite and text are not the correct in the slot of inventory

• Thread starter Tran Thi Huyen Trang
  • Start date
T

Tran Thi Huyen Trang

Hello everyone! I'm having trouble with my inventory system that I can't seem to fix. I've tried a lot of different things but nothing seems to work. so I'm just going to show you my code and hopefully you can help. If your not sure what some of the code means, ask me and I will explain it :) The problem is: the sprite of items and text of item amount are not the correct in the slot of inventory(backpack) that's mean: when i put the items in the slot 1 of Backpack, items will storage at slot 1, but the sprite and text of items amount will storage in the slot number 2 and slot number 8 (see in the image).
Create:
Code:
///initialize inventory
slot_number = 20;
inventory_width =4;
///new
backpack_slot_number = 9;//6;
backpack_slot_width = 9;//1
backpack_slot_height = 1;
backpack_slot = noone;
backpack_slot_n = 0;
//----For-Loop emptying all slots----
for(var i = 0; i < slot_number; i++)
{
    slot[i] = noone;
    slot_n[i] = 0;
    weapon_slot = noone;
    shield_slot = noone;
    backpack_slot[i] = noone;
    backpack_slot_n[i] = 0;
}
mouse_slot = noone;
mouse_slot_n = 0;
x_off = 200;
backpackx_off = view_xview[0] + 8;
backpacky_off = view_yview[0] + 468;
DRAW:
Code:
//----Drawing backpack slots----

//Checking backpack_slot_number and draw as many sprites as backpack_slot_number provides
for(i = 0; i < backpack_slot_number; i++)
{

var xx = i mod backpack_slot_width;     
    var yy = i div backpack_slot_width;

//Drawing backpack slots

//draw_sprite(spr_backpack_slot, 0, 8 + xx * 64, 468 + yy );
//draw_sprite(spr_backpack_slot, 0, 8 + xx * 64, 468 + yy * 64);
draw_sprite_ext(spr_backpack_slot,0,8 + xx * 64,468 + yy ,2,2,0,c_white,1);

if(backpack_slot[i] != noone)
        {

//Drawing item and number etc.
            draw_sprite_ext(sprite[backpack_slot[i]],0,backpackx_off+xx *64+16,468+yy+16,2,2,0,c_white,1);
            //draw_sprite_ext(sprite[backpack_slot[i]], 0, 8 + xx * 32 + 16 + 3, 468 + yy * 32 + 16 + 2, 1, 1, 0, c_black, .4);

draw_text(backpackx_off +xx *64, 468+yy *64, string(backpack_slot_n[i]));
           //draw_text( backpackx_off + (xx*64)/6 , 2 + 468 + yy , string(backpack_slot_n[i])); 
            draw_set_font(fnt_slot_number);
            draw_set_color(c_white);

draw_set_font(-1);
            draw_set_color(-1);
        }

}
You can see the image I attached.
Thanks for the help! :p

Attachments

Azenris

If your backpack slots are the same size as your item sprites, and they use the same origin, you could calc the position once into a local, and use for both for drawing the backslot and item.
Maybe this will reveal where the problem lies.

How come you dont use backpacky_off, but you use the backpackx_off vesion, but then you only use backpackx_off in some places but not all.
Maybe you need to delete the now unused lines ( save elsewhere ), and use some local vars to neaten it up.

Also, you draw the text first, then you set the font, and then unset the font, the font is never used.
you need
set font
draw font
unsetfont
Although you dont really need to unset fonts if you are always setting them before drawing text.

Lot of magic numbers to make sense of. Maybe someone else will be of help :oops: