• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GMC Jam Discussion The S̵̫̞̔̀̈ḣ̷̤̘a̸͖̹͐͜ḑ̴͕̫̿̑y̶̪̓͝ GMC Jam 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff

THEME:
CALL FOR HELP

Temporary License for the Jam

The link here will appear when the jam starts
Just click the link, make sure you are logged-in to YYG and you'll have a temp export license for the jam!

The GMC Jam is a WILD game development contest run every 3 months by the GameMaker Community. This is the 46th such jam.

Members compete to make the best game possible over the course of just 96 hours.

GMC Jam 46 will take place on the following dates:

Aug 25th, 2022 12:00 UTC - Aug 29th, 2022 12:00 UTC
(Countdown Clock)

Enter in the Games Topic

• Any GMC member can take part in the GMC Jam. You must use GameMaker to create your game. Free temporary export licenses will be available for all users for the duration of the jam.
  • Games must be made between 12:00 UTC on Aug 25th and 12:00 UTC on Aug 29th, and posted in the games topic.
  • You may use resources such as graphics, sounds and scripts that were made prior to the jam, as long as the bulk of your work takes place during Jam weekend.
  • The credits should make clear where the assets come from and which were made before the Jam; The creators of the entry must have rights to all of the assets; unlicensed use of resources is not allowed. (This rule is enforced, failure to follow this rule will result in not being eligible for a medal and final score being affected)
  • You may create one post per entry in the games topic. You may create this post before your game is finished and continue editing that post to update your progress, in fact you are encouraged to write a devlog!
  • All entries must have a download link in the Games Topic before it closes at 12:00 UTC on Aug 29th.
  • All entries should work on Windows as a standalone executable / compressed zip folder. No installers please. Your entry can also work in HTML5, Opera GX and on other platforms, but most voters will be using Windows and therefore your entry should work primarily on windows in order to secure a decent amount of feedback.
  • All entries are encouraged to follow the Jam theme. It isn't mandatory to do so, but you'll often get more favourable reviews from your peers!
  • You may participate alone or in a team of up to 3 members. See the "teams" section below if you're looking for teammates.
That's all you need to know, but more information will be available in the Games Topic when it opens and in the rules discussion topic.

• As soon as the Jam ends on Aug 29th at 12:00 UTC, a zip folder of the games will be created and posted in the voting topic so that players can download all the entries at once if they wish.
  • Voters will then have just around 2 weeks to play and rank the games and voting will close on September 12th at 12:00 UTC.
  • Any member of the GMC can vote, even if they didn't enter the jam. You cannot vote for your own entry. Votes shall be posted in the voting topic.
  • Voters are encouraged to rank as many games as possible, and their final votes must include at least their top 3 games. More information on this will be provided in the voting topic when it opens.
Boring technical info about how the votes are counted: Entries receive points based on their votes, following the formula <BASE SCORE> * <TOTAL VOTES> / (<TOTAL VOTES> - <VOTING AUTHORS>) .
For example, with 20 votes:
- the entry whose author didn't vote would have average score of <BASE SCORE> / 20
- the entry with 1 voting author would have average score of <BASE SCORE> / (20-1) = <BASE SCORE> / 19
- the entry with 3 voting authors would have average score of <BASE SCORE> / (20-3) = <BASE SCORE> / 17

More info in the Jams Suggestion topic
As this is Alice's formula and she's more mathematically inclined then a raccoon with an masters in cheese cake, she shall handle voting for the most part. Alice you are the best!

That's all you need to know, but more information will be available in the Voting Topic when it opens!

Main Prizes
  • The winner(s) get to decide the Theme of the next GMC Jam.
  • The top 3 entrants, as well as winners of the "Best Of" categories will win personalized banners for their forum signature and a place in the Hall of Fame topic.
  • More to be confirmed...

Community Prizes

Members can offer their own prizes for the GMC Jam. PM me, @Evanski , and I'll add your prize to the list. NOTES: You should offer something based on your skills, rather than a commercial prize. You will also need to handle giving out the prizes yourselves after the end of the jam. Please make sure to check out the post link for each prize to get full info.
  • @Mr Magnus RPG Game Dev RE-Bundle to the winner, $15 purchase from Humble bundle to top three entries, $30 purchase from Humble bundle to the game I like the most, A poorly composed limerick to the entry that places exactly one spot above my entry
  • @Mightyjor to the scariest game, I offer a steam key for Resident Evil Revelations
    @HyprBlu 1st Place - Hollow Knight, 2nd Place - Undertale, 3rd Place - Into The Breach
  • ...no more prizes, why not submit one?

You may enter the GMC Jam as part of a team (up to 3 members). Sometimes collaborating as part of a team can help you to e-meet new and interesting people. Here we will list people looking for teammates. If you want to be added to the list, send me @Evanski , a private message with the skills you are offering.
  • EXAMPLE: ( HamishMcSweeney ) is a ( Skill ) looking for a ( Other Skill )...

The more people that enter the jam, the more fun we'll all have! Spread the word far and wide. Use the hashtag #GMCJam on Twitter (and other social media networks), join the Discord Chat, and talk about your games on the GameMaker Reddit. You are, of course, encouraged to talk about the Jam as much as possible here on the GameMaker Community. Create a devlog on the Work In Progress forum if you dare, and definitely post your thoughts, comments and memes in this very discussion topic!

You can also change your signature to tell other GMC members about the jam:

Signature Image:

BB Code:
[url=https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/the-s-h-a-d-y-gmc-jam-46.97334/][img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/l10gjYaNgk6O9WGKnL/giphy.gif?cid=790b761195566c13e4d776ee792e9a0b13c58606a6103ac4&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g[/img][/url]

Alternative:

BB Code:​
Code:
[url=https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/the-s-h-a-d-y-gmc-jam-46.97334/][img]https://i.imgur.com/eSw8lPv.png[/img][/url]

Last edited:

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Ayy, the Jam topic is finally up (despite all the signal jamming and stuff - you can still see some noise and distortions here and there).
Hopefully the actual Jam (opening, submitting games, voting and posting results) will proceed without issues. ^^'

Also the signature image is missing from the "Signature Image" section, unless you treat your own signature as a signature image. ;)

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Ayy, the Jam topic is finally up (despite all the signal jamming and stuff - you can still see some noise and distortions here and there).
Hopefully the actual Jam (opening, submitting games, voting and posting results) will proceed without issues. ^^'

Also the signature image is missing from the "Signature Image" section, unless you treat your own signature as a signature image. ;)
Yes please be ṕ̴̟á̷̫ṯ̴̈́ì̸̫e̴̝̿ṉ̴́t̵̬͛ as the s̶̺̦̖̣̺̟̞͗̅̀͗̀ě̵͖̳̯̠͙̈́̇̐̎͝h̸̺̝͋̃̐̑c̵͉̔͑̂͋͊͠ṱ̸̢͉̼̠̦͑̓͝i̶̻͈̳͑̂̄̇̇̋̌͘l̷̼͓̮̟͇̈́̽͌̋̈́̕͜ͅg̸̞̖̙̅͑̕ calm down

as you might notice И̷̱̻̬̪̗͔̰͉̘̻̐̆̑̑̔̐̆̌͘͝o̸̗̪̗̰̥̦̺̱̲͗̆̍̅̒̈́́͒̿͝ͅɈ̸̡̡̗̫̱̪̝̘̜̜̄̿̌̓̉́̽͒͂͠ị̵̖̪̫̘̠̼̬̞͗̈́̃̃̍̇͊͜͠͝ɔ̷̡̟̦̝͕̪̩͇̱͙̉͑̇͗͋̆̈́͋̚͠ɘ̷̛̟̫̭͔͖̭̼̲̠̟͋̒̾̾̎̓̀̊͝b̸̛̛̛̺͎͕͉͓͚̦͎̜̹̎͗́̇͌́̌ Their is missing 1659362054604.jpeg and other Special Things of the topic

These will be added when the forum permits us

D̵̨̛͈̣͓̣͕͍͇̣̱̖͇͙͖͖͓̺̪͎̭͚̹̲̮̲͙̺͓̣̜͇̺͈̞͉̺̳͍͍̥̳̞̰̟͎͎̣̊̿̽̅̂̈́̍̍̇̽̔̓̇͒͆͂͑͆̏̀̂͗͑̎̔̓́̇̐̄̇̀̈́̂͆̓̚͘͜͝͠Ơ̵̡̧̛̛̪̗͕͇̣̣̯̱͎͕͈͇̥͕̯͇̜̻̦̥͔̱̘͕͙̥͙̩̥̗̭̹̹̜̣̪̥̱̝̩͙̩̇͂̇̀̀͛̔̍̅̓͊̀͌͑͗̈́͑̂̿̃͒̍̈́̈̅̍͌͒̃̊̓̈́͗̒̊̓̎̕͜͜͝͝͠͠͠ ̷̨̧̛̣̜̹̮̞̞̙̱̺̟͙͚̲̯͎̞͎̠̖̦͔̘͓̝̪͓͑͛͆͒͆͆̍̂̆͛̀̀̀̀͌̾͛͐̽͒̈́͊̇̋̑͂͐́͒͆͂͛̐̈́͐̋́̓̌̀̿͘̕̕͜͜͜͠͝N̶̡̨̯̪̖̰̟͉̘̠̳͕̟̦͖̘͈͓̈͊̈́̀͑̑͂͜O̵̢̥̜͓͓̫̤̰̹̫̩̩̺͎̳̘̹̐T̶̡̛̼͇̯̜͕͍̑̾̚ͅ ̷̡̡̡̧̟̝̰̟̪͇̙͖̳̳̼͈̣͕̗̬̲̙͔́͂́̄́̉̒̒̓̈̍̓̄̄̑͛̐̾͛̐̓́͠͝Ŗ̶̧̢̡̭̲̫̭͉̬̟̪͖̥̦̫̺͚̙͎͕͎̩͓͚̺͙͎̠͈̝̺̟͆̉͒̔̉͗́̒͐̔̋̓͒̀̅̄̓̀͛̈́́͒͆̈́̑͐̂̀͗̑̌͆̍̄̌́̋̃̊́̄̕̕͜͜͠͠ͅȨ̷̡̧̢͍͚̪̠͕̙͍̪̠̦͔̬͉͕̭̹̱̝̯̘̥͈̥͔̻̖̼̥̗͚͍̘̞͎̳̬̼̯̐͋͐͗̀̀͜S̸̨̢̢̢͇̪͖̮̼̬̜̖̻̦̰̘̯̪̙͚̳͚͕̞͉̮̺̺̝̻̺̟̘̹͉͖̰̳̰͑̈́͌͊͗̒̇̆̓̄͂͊̒͂͂͆̾̄̍̾͊̓͜͝͝͠Į̶̢̛̝̗̞̱͖̫̠̠͖̯͓̼̲̩̮̯͇̥̠̥̞͈̣̈́̌̓͊̈̎͑̿̋̅̿̂̌͒̋̈́̓̉̂͆͐̓̄̌̽͂̇̇̽̍͛̔̎̈́͌̄̓̔̀́͊̏̊͒͒̕͘S̸̡̢̡̧̨̧͎̜͉̲͉̦̻̻̦̫̥̙̤͇̼̼̬̼̣̙̮͕͕̞̟̳̝̪̻̪̽̋͜ͅŢ̷̡̛̜̯͇̭̼̙̺̻͍̥̤̝̼̗̝̩̺̬̫͇͓̬͈̠͖̳̭͕͎͖̳̞̹̩͎̫̻̳̻͑́̑̍͛̀̓̂̔͆̌̈́͌͊͒̇̃̈̀̇̒̓͌̇̾͘̕̕͜ͅͅ

GameDevDan

Former Jam Host
GMC Elder
Regretfully I will literally only have the Monday morning to make anything for this jam if at all. Sad because I don't want to break my streak but am super busy from the 25th - 28th!

I guess once the theme is revealed I'll see if I can brainstorm something which can be made in like 4 hours 😅

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Ǘ̴̡͉̪͎̤͙̓̄̀̇͊͐̔̂́́͘̕p̸̢̡̱̥͚̖̜̘̟̜̣̌̇̈͜l̵͙̲͖͎̪̬͛̑̒́̓͌̐͐̕͝͝͠ȍ̴͇͔̰̗̝̓͂̀͒̌́ading......
Security_Footage_7468697320697320612073656372657420636F6465............................100%

Gizmo199

Oh! very cryptic. Do we have to make an ARG?

̸͔̟͈̊͒̀͆/̴̢͈̪̂̓͛̀́͊-̶͓̼͈͍̮̱̗̥̰̾̂̈͜~̷̢̟͚̟̯̆̍̂̌̾̈́́̎͗̕͘͝/̵͈̳̳̜̜̖̙̓̐/̷̝̹̝̺̗̓̽̈̓͑̐͒́̈́͠͝~̵͉͕͇̙̜͚̞̺́̇̔̅̇͛͝͝-̴͕͎̈́̑̇͆/̸̠̲̩͓̟͎͎̬̻̮̘̏̍͋͛̅͌̎͑͝ͅ/̷̰͇̦̳̖̬̞̄̀͛̆-̷̖̹͚̥̜͇̯͍͕̻͇̌̿̅͘͜/̶̨̠͙̖̹̭̣͇̗̈̂~̴̧̮͍̝͇̘̰͛̒͛͂́̒̚͘ͅ/̴̨̡̧͇̺̯͓̤̭̦͍̃/̶̘͍̳̹̗̳̤̠͕̥̙̂͐̑̑̅̈́͗̈́̚̕ ̸͔̟͈̊͒̀͆/̴̢͈̪̂̓͛̀́͊-̶͓̼͈͍̮̱̗̥̰̾̂̈͜~̷̢̟͚̟̯̆̍̂̌̾̈́́̎͗̕͘͝/̵͈̳̳̜̜̖̙̓̐/̷̝̹̝̺̗̓̽̈̓͑̐͒́̈́͠͝~̵͉͕͇̙̜͚̞̺́̇̔̅̇͛͝͝-̴͕͎̈́̑̇͆/̸̠̲̩͓̟͎͎̬̻̮̘̏̍͋͛̅͌̎͑͝ͅ/̷̰͇̦̳̖̬̞̄̀͛̆-̷̖̹͚̥̜͇̯͍͕̻͇̌̿̅͘͜/̶̨̠͙̖̹̭̣͇̗̈̂~̴̧̮͍̝͇̘̰͛̒͛͂́̒̚͘ͅ/̴̨̡̧͇̺̯͓̤̭̦͍̃/̶̘͍̳̹̗̳̤̠͕̥̙̂͐̑̑̅̈́͗̈́̚̕ ̸͔̟͈̊͒̀͆/̴̢͈̪̂̓͛̀́͊-̶͓̼͈͍̮̱̗̥̰̾̂̈͜~̷̢̟͚̟̯̆̍̂̌̾̈́́̎͗̕͘͝/̵͈̳̳̜̜̖̙̓̐/̷̝̹̝̺̗̓̽̈̓͑̐͒́̈́͠͝~̵͉͕͇̙̜͚̞̺́̇̔̅̇͛͝͝-̴͕͎̈́̑̇͆/̸̠̲̩͓̟͎͎̬̻̮̘̏̍͋͛̅͌̎͑͝ͅ/̷̰͇̦̳̖̬̞̄̀͛̆-̷̖̹͚̥̜͇̯͍͕̻͇̌̿̅͘͜/̶̨̠͙̖̹̭̣͇̗̈̂~̴̧̮͍̝͇̘̰͛̒͛͂́̒̚͘ͅ/̴̨̡̧͇̺̯͓̤̭̦͍̃/̶̘͍̳̹̗̳̤̠͕̥̙̂͐̑̑̅̈́͗̈́̚̕

Last edited by a moderator:

Gizmo199

I've been trying to do that for the past few jams and only one person actually tried hard enough to find one of my secret videos, LMAO

😭
Interesting! I might have to see what I can find! btw this thread is going to turn into un-readable chaos. lol. I'm actually surprised the forums let you do that!

Bart

WiseBart
Ah, the new GMC Jam is here! Not sure how much time I'll be able to spend on my entries from now on, though.

But I'm definitely in again!

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Sorry just had to go for it. lol. I honestly wasn't expecting the forums to allow it. Usually, I get a 'too many characters' error on other sites I've done the glitch text in the past.
No worries! The posts in threads allow a longer limit then status posts so you can do pretty wild with the effects
but lets all be considerate of others :)

Relic

Not a great weekend with other commitments taking up my time. I'll see what I can do from Sunday afternoon onwards.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
I've had a few people think the crazy glitch characters was the actual theme..... idk How, but I think this will lead to issues

so I've resorted back to the _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
DeC̶̛̪̰̓̋͝͝r̶̺̿̑̓̊͝y̷͖̺͇̽̀͜p̷͈̬̐̚ẗ̸̲̳̖̣̳́͝ing Hardḑ̷̱̼̕í̵͔̯͉̎̄r̵̳͎͋̈́͗̽ive.....................

Found[1] File

P̸͓͉̝̌̐͜ͅõ̵̭̭̾̅̿s̶̠̠͐̏sable Passẘ̴̧̳̮͙̩͝o̴̥͔͍̝̽r̵̢͚̰̪̈́d̸̞̝͗̓̂................

_ A _ _ _ _ O _ _ _ E _ _

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I couldn't figure out any good guesses, especially considering we don't know spaces yet, or if the spaces are considered "letters" with underscores or would be between underscores.

bar1tech

Last edited:

speedchuck

I think I'd like to participate in the jam but I'm on a Mac. If I install Visual Studio Community Edition will I be able to publish to the PC platform or do I actually need a PC or virtual machine running Windows?

Answered my own question:
Could you just send it to someone who does have windows so they could export it for you?

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
I think I'd like to participate in the jam but I'm on a Mac. If I install Visual Studio Community Edition will I be able to publish to the PC platform or do I actually need a PC or virtual machine running Windows?

You can still upload to Opera GX, that would be fine for the jam

Could you just send it to someone who does have windows so they could export it for you?
Thats against the EULA

I'm in!

I'm guessing:
- hazardousness
- facetiousness
- capaciousness
- maliciousness
- dangerousness

Let me find out some of the _'s are spaces again... 🫵😠

Super hyped although I just found out, that our team mate @Josh Chen won't be available for this jam! :( :(

Saurus

Oh no. There go all my hopes of participating in the fun. That's tough news...

Thanks, I'll probably upload to Opera GX. I mentioned it because the Jam guideline at the top says most voters use Windows if we want the most feedback.
Looks like I"m going to have to learn what Opera GX is... 😞😟

Last edited:

Mr Magnus

Viking King
There are way too few prizes here!

I offer:

* the RPG Game Dev RE-Bundle to the winner
* a $15 purchase from Humble bundle to top three entries
* a $30 purchase from Humble bundle to the game I like the most
* A poorly composed limerick to the entry that places exactly one spot above my entry, as begrudging recongition of superiority to the closest thing that could have been considered my rival in the jam.

I've already purchased the RPG bundle, so if the winner isn't actively working on an RPG that's on them for the lack of prophetic ability.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
There are way too few prizes here!

I offer:

* the RPG Game Dev RE-Bundle to the winner
* a $15 purchase from Humble bundle to top three entries
* a $30 purchase from Humble bundle to the game I like the most
* A poorly composed limerick to the entry that places exactly one spot above my entry, as begrudging recongition of superiority to the closest thing that could have been considered my rival in the jam.

I've already purchased the RPG bundle, so if the winner isn't actively working on an RPG that's on them for the lack of prophetic ability.
I will assume the purchases will be made by you and the entitlements to the winner
as a reminder

Community prizes cannot be monetary, but you can, for example, offer to gift Steam games, create artwork or music, or give anything else that isn't directly cash.

Mr Magnus

Viking King
I will assume the purchases will be made by you and the entitlements to the winner
as a reminder
Naturally. I'm not quite sure how I'd arrange the opposite.

"You can have this money, but you must promise to spend it specifically at this storefront".

But no, I'm going to send a pm to the winners, say "this is the humble bundle store, pick out something worth $15 or less", and then buy it and send them the gift code.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
_ A _ L _ _ O _ _ _ E L _

Sorry that this video is late and of lesser quality,
I recently have been evicted from my current living arrangement, and as such I've focused on packing and moving, etc.
Do not worry, I have it all sorted. However this does put pressure on me doing the normal Jam things I do.
So if a jam video is late, or the topic doesn't get updated by me in a while then I'm most likely busy dealing with the boring life things.
Just a small update to explain what's doing on behind the scenes a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.