Alpha The Red Knights (Name TBD)

A

amusudan

THE RED KNIGHTS (name to be decided)

In The Red Knights you play as one of the 20+ characters to clear dungeons and castles, save fair ladies, destroy evil and make a name for yourself and your group as the best monster hunters in the world.

• Planned features:
-A fully fledged campaign, with a story that stretches over 6 different parts of the in-game world to defeat the evil king of the country, but not all is what it seems, you will need to recruit new members to our party, upgrade them and outfit the with the latest of hack 'n slash weapontools to make sure you survive the increasingly difficult enemies you will encounter. Carefully crafted levels and enemies to keep you entertained throughout your endeavour and ofcourse loot, what would this be without loot?

-A robust map editor, for the creative people!

-Chunk based random level generation for (far from) infinte replayability!

-More enemies, more playable characters, more loot, more everything!
  • Screenshots:

Last edited:
T

The Bard

Nice game, it's similar to a game that I'm working on (bummer). I got to play it. I like the art style and I like how you implemented the melee combat. You should add several more different enemy types and some variation on the environment, maybe 2-3 levels. You can keep the current one as Dungeon level, another like an Ice Level and another like a Forest Level, all with their own quirks and mechanics. I would increase the speed of the player character and also to the enemies. I really like the lighting shader you used, maybe you can tell me how you did that. Other than that, good luck with your game. Do you have a road-map that tells when release is going to happen? It's always nice to keep track of things :)

A

amusudan

Nice game, it's similar to a game that I'm working on (bummer). I got to play it. I like the art style and I like how you implemented the melee combat. You should add several more different enemy types and some variation on the environment, maybe 2-3 levels. You can keep the current one as Dungeon level, another like an Ice Level and another like a Forest Level, all with their own quirks and mechanics. I would increase the speed of the player character and also to the enemies. I really like the lighting shader you used, maybe you can tell me how you did that. Other than that, good luck with your game. Do you have a road-map that tells when release is going to happen? It's always nice to keep track of things :)
It's really WIP at the moment, that's why there are only skeletons, lots more is planned though, a lot! LIke I said, a full campaign is in the works as well :). I like the speed as it currently is, it is already 25% faster than what I intended to do but people made me change it, I'll be darned if it goes any faster ;)! I am planning on publishing it on greenlight in 2 or 3 months when there is more content (so I can make an interesting trailer and have a bigger demo and whatnot).

For the lightning I can help you, here's the script I made for it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqrcrtviab4ja44/draw_lightning_script_GML.gml?dl=0 .
You can edit it all you want, I would appreciate it if you could credit me but you don't have to.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
It looks pretty cool so far, you're not too bad at spriting! I also like how the special effects don't stand out too much from the pixelated style either.
I think the floors could do with being a bit darker to stand out more from the walls, though - right now they have almost the same color AND the same lumiosity.

A

amusudan

It looks pretty cool so far, you're not too bad at spriting! I also like how the special effects don't stand out too much from the pixelated style either.
I think the floors could do with being a bit darker to stand out more from the walls, though - right now they have almost the same color AND the same lumiosity.
Thanks for the tip!

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
No problems, the whole point with visiting Work In Progress is to give feedback, right? :3

A

amusudan

If you do play the game it would be highly appreciated if you could leave feedback (Like Yal and The Bard).