• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

The Rad Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Otyugra

This is the treehouse for The Rad Reviewer Club. We are a group of people who agree to review completed GMC games on a periodic basis as well as give feedback to incomplete games. Our mission is to help people find good games and to give people feedback on their games.
___Here we hold meetings about the rules, upcoming events, and discuss anything pertaining to the club. Sometimes discussion can be relaxed and comedic, and other times it can be mature and serious. I am okay with this doubling as a hang-out place as long as it doesn't become 100 percent off topic.

(This club is not run by YoYoGames or the staff officially. It is a community run club, even though staff members are welcome to join along side other members. If you want to sign up, go here.)

The Official Book of Information and Rules:
This is empty for now; come back later.

~~~
I think our first order of business should be discussing whether or not people who aren't members should be discouraged from posting in the clubhouse.

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I think our first order of business should be discussing whether or not people who aren't members should be discouraged from posting in the clubhouse.
I can save you the trouble. The answer is no. You can't run a "members-only forum" within the GMC. If you make a topic in the Community forum, or anywhere else for that matter, anyone is free to post in it.

Frankly, I'm not really sure why you need this additional topic. Any reason why you can't use the existing topic to discuss your plans? You had a good and lively discussion there -- why suddenly move it to another topic?

Last edited:
O

Otyugra

I can save you the trouble. The answer is no. You can't run a "members-only forum" within the GMC. If you make a topic in the Community forum, or anywhere else for that matter, anyone is free to post in it.

Frankly, I'm not really sure why you need this additional topic. Any reason why you can't use the existing topic to discuss your plans?
What I meant by discourage, is socially and subtly. I'm well aware anyone could post here is they wanted. But you're the mod; if you think that even that is against the rules then fine. I guess this thread isn't necessary but I do think a yearly review thread would be. Having only one thread for both discussion and reviews would get cramped and confusing. Can I have permission to convert this thread to a yearly review thread rather than you deleting it?

EDIT: Is this in the right section by the way? There isn't exactly a perfect place for either of these topics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Rule #1: you do not talk about the Rad Club.
Rule #2: you DO NOT talk about the Rad Club.

Sorry, couldn't resist making that reference :p

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
What I meant by discourage, is socially and subtly. I'm well aware anyone could post here is they wanted. But you're the mod; if you think that even that is against the rules then fine.
I know you weren't being mean about it. And I encourage your efforts to increase member reviews. Just seemed like a premature focus on the process, instead of the product.

Personally, I'd wait a week or so and continue with sign-ups and Q&A. Continue to discuss your goals in the original topic. Then when things settle a bit, you can ask Nocturne about setting up an additional topic.

In the meantime, I'd recommend you personally write a few reviews to set an example. Post them in the author's topic, and then you can link to them for discussions. That will help establish what is expected of members, and set an example for others to follow.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
What chance says is exactly what I think too... One topic for now to get the ball rolling and then once people are starting to review stuff then contact me via PM and we'll see about maybe getting a pinned topic in the actual games forum or something similar. One thing I will insist on however is that ALL reviews are posted in the game topic first and then in another topic that we make they will be linked to, but not published in full (snippets are fine). The whole point of a review group like this should be to fraw attention to games, not the people doing the reviewing or the group they belong to, so driving traffic to the authors game topic is very important.

That said I'm going to close this for now... get some reviews into some game topics and think carefully about how you want to organise things then PM. I'm all for community efforts like this but I need to see that is being run properly and thoughtfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.