Steam The Puzzleverse (Previously known as ORB) - coming to PC, XBox One and PS4!

P

Psyinx

Attachments

Last edited:
P

Psyinx

Hey guys,

It's finally here - an O-R-B Pre-Alpha concepts demo!
You can download it from my Itch.io profile page:

https://psyinx.itch.io/o-r-b

Or from my Indie DB profile:

For more information on the release and upcoming features please head over to http://www.orbgame.net/index.php/pre-alpha-0-1.

Looking forward to gathering some feedback from the release so if you have any issues, comments or suggestions please don't hesitate to post a comment or PM me!.

Pulses.jpg
Psyinx

P

Psyinx

Hey guys,

I realize that it has been a while since I have updated my post here at Yoyo Games. Much has changed, and I am very much excited to share with you my latest progress on O-R-B.

After the release of the Pre-Alpha Concepts demo, I managed to identify a list of core game and puzzle elements, the story line and the game progression, however one thing was always clear from the get go:
O-R-B was lacking a strong presence in theme. For me I felt that the game was too busy in the foreground, and too quite in the background.
Furthermore my existing tile graphics were dull and haphazardly thrown together in hopes that some of those elements stuck.
However I always knew in the back of my mind that if I was to take this approach for the lifetime of O-R-B, I would never reach the finish line with a good looking game.

What I needed was a stronger emphasis on the sci-fi feel, that carries the story forward - so over the last few months I have dedicated a lot of time into trying to achieve a strong presence with the look and feel of O-R-B and I feel that I am coming extremely close!

Take a look at the following before and after shots of the game:

Welcome_Before_and_After.jpg

pulses_-_before_and_after.jpg

clockwork_-_before_and_after.jpg

welcome_-_blue_nebula_glow.jpg

pulses_-_new_and_improved.jpg

And - I have also created a playthrough video of the level pulses!

You can take a look at my indie db article for more info on the update:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/orb/news/o-r-b-puzzleverse-wormholes-and-an-awesome-new-look

I do hope that a few of you find the new look and feel as awesome as I do! And as always - comments and suggestions more than welcome!

Psyinx

Last edited:
P

Psyinx

Quick update time!

Orb is on a quest is to locate the 12 shattered fragments of the galaxy in an alternate universe called the Puzzleverse. However for Orb to reach each constellation, he has to brave his way through what is known as Wormhole Challenges.
The 12 fragments of the shattered galaxy are not the only items that can be found within the puzzles of the Puzzleverse - as Orb's journey continues he'll come across unique unlocks and abilities which will provide the much needed assistance in conquering the wormhole challenges. Given that the video below shows a rough work in progress, a little explanation may be necessary:
The blue orbs are health pickups, the yellow orbs are dash pickups and the red orbs are enemy chasers.
Although you can't see it in the video, the goal of this particular challenge is to catch a shooting star. If you look to the right of the video, you'll see an arrow pointing to your target.

Check it out - it needs work, but i think its awesome :)

P

Psyinx

Hey guys,
It has been a while since my last update here - I have two interesting videos to show you today:
The first video is a demonstration of two of the unlock abilities you will find in ORB: Hop and Double Hop

The second video we get to see ORB through a different lens: The In Game Editor. The video also focuses on the Colour Swap Mechanic (Specifically the Coloured Path Ways and Coloured Light Blocks - more info available in the YouTube video description).

And - a final little teaser - ORB's Ability and Game Progression Wheels:

Skill and Zodiac.jpg
Cheers!

P

Psyinx

Hey all!

I am super excited to share with you my first official teaser trailer for the upcoming alpha demo of ORB:

Why not stay in touch with the development of ORB and head over to http://www.orbgame.net - here you will find links to all the sites I regularly update to, my social links as well as my presskit page which gives you a little more detail over what ORB is about.

Hope to see you guys around!

Later

K

Koohyar

Very nice game. Great graphics. Great music. Keep up the good work! :)

P

Psyinx

Very nice game. Great graphics. Great music. Keep up the good work! :)

I actually received an invite into the GDWC2017!

GDWC.PNG

So I've entered ORB in under the Hobby category since I am solo, and this is really my first commercial title :)
If anyone else in the community would like to support my Greenlight Campaign please feel free as I need votes, and it's also good for YoYo / Gamemaker too!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899672326

Thanks to those who have already shown their support - I truly appreciate it!!

P

Psyinx

Hello all!
Thank you to each and everyone here who supported me through this journey. ORB has been Greenlit!

There are a few exciting things planned not only for ORB, but also for Devil's Peek Games! I will be making a few announcement soon so keep your eye on this thread!
Later guys!

P

Psyinx

Congratulations man!!! Would you mind sharing your stats? (and your secrets :p)
Lol yea for sure I'll share the stats :)

Greenlight Stats.PNG

No secret really, however I will say that ORB will be receiving some help toward release :) A few weeks before my Greenlight Campaign I entered into discussions with a publishing partner. I then spent the next month and a half getting to know them, and to make sure that I could trust them. About 30 days into my campaign we entered into final discussions - that day my visitors just started coming in. They obviously knew which audiences to approach and how:

Greenlight Stats 2.PNG

After a couple of days I was convinced, and I signed :) Furthermore what makes me even happier is that it was a fair campaign with genuine gamers! My
conversion rate was a little poor (my marketing skills suck!) but with a little bit of help in marketing, PR as well as art and development I believe the game will
have at least a small audience! :)

K

Kenjiro

Congrats dude!

Out of interest, have they scheduled a date for when they pull the pin on Green Light? Probably too late for us plebs to consider aiming for now, right?

NicoDT

Congrats dude!

Out of interest, have they scheduled a date for when they pull the pin on Green Light? Probably too late for us plebs to consider aiming for now, right?
Hey, there´s not an exact date yet, but it should be in spring 2017 according to Steam.
My game was also greenlit yesterday after 18 days in greenlight, so I don´t think it´s late for the rest.
What you should consider is how much of the game you have to show. If you have a solid gameplay and nice graphics, give it a try. If you are just starting I´d recommend you to keep working on the game and wait for steam direct (some people say it will be better, some say the opposite, so who knows? :))

P

Psyinx

I have some pretty cool news! :) We have publicly announced the partnership between me (Devil's Peek Games) and Keystone Games - I can officially say that not only will the game be released on PC (Box) and Steam, it will also be released on XBox One and PS4! Furthermore ORB will be undergoing a name change to the unanimously agreed upon title: Puzzleverse! A Much better fit and will allow me to grow the world bigger :)

NicoDT

I have some pretty cool news! :) We have publicly announced the partnership between me (Devil's Peek Games) and Keystone Games - I can officially say that not only will the game be released on PC (Box) and Steam, it will also be released on XBox One and PS4! Furthermore ORB will be undergoing a name change to the unanimously agreed upon title: Puzzleverse! A Much better fit and will allow me to grow the world bigger :)
That´s really cool! Congratulations