GMC Jam Voting The Post-Apocalyptic GMC Jam #1 Voting Topic

Discussion in 'GMC Jam' started by Alice, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nacky Slocker

Nacky Slocker Member

I played 10 entries, and that's all I can do right now. Here are my reviews.

First Place:
    HackMan
    (by AT, SA)

This was the funnest entry I played. Level 6 had a HUGE difficulty spike, but I still had a lot of fun! Graphics were OK, mostly just circles, the environments felt really nice.Sometimes the view wouldn't cooperate the way I wanted it to. The enemies were either very stupid, or very much wanted you dead. They gave a good challenge though! The minimap was nice! Even though I never really looked at it. (Unless I was standing still) This game was great! I had a lot of fun!

Second Place:
    Scared to Death
    (by Ixlegraw)

This entry was pretty fun, very unforgiving gameplay however. I felt some of the hitboxes were a little tough to get around, and some of the AI timings were very... hard to get around. It was hard to control, not a fan of mouse controls in general for this type of game, would have preferred arrow keys, or better yet "WASD" control. Graphics were superb! I liked them a lot! The ending was a pretty nasty sucker punch, I'll tell you that! But it was good because of that, in my opinion. Great job!

Third Place:
    antideath
    (by Yokcos)

First thing's first, I dislike mouse controls. I died on numerous accounts of clicking off of the screen. There might have been a fullscreen option, but I didn't check. The graphics were terrific! The animations were nice, there was a few graphical glitches where I had to "guess" the level until I died, then it'd load graphically. The gameplay wasn't bad, some of the levels were a tad hard. Overall, it was okay. Good job!

Best ofs:
    EVERYBODY IS DEAD:
    The Major Forces (By Lizzard)
    -Everyone, was indeed dead.

Concept: Hackman (by AT, SA)
    -Very fun. Actually wouldn't mind seeing a little more.

Presentation: Afterstory (By David Chen, Moxxin, Adam Twite)
    -Gorgeous presentation. Music, Graphics, and text effects.

Story:
    Afterstory (By David Chen, Moxxin, Adam Twite)
    -The only game that really had a story.

Devlog: ...
    -I'm assuming devlog means "Development log". I didn't follow any of those.

All 10 games. Rated by how fun I thought it was.
    1st: Hackman (by AT, SA)
    -I found this one very fun. Level 6 was a difficulty spike the size of a mountain.

2nd: Scared to Death (by Ixlegraw)
    -Very hard to control. Sucker punch ending. Fun.

3rd: antideath
    (by Yokcos)
    -I had trouble with the mouse. The graphics and animations were terrific.

4th: When They Come 2
    (by trg601)
    -Very slow walking speed. I thought the game was really funny.

5th: Fall Harvest Season (by BlessHayGaming)
    -The controls should have been on the "WASD". I loved the voice work at the end, and the "good" ending.

6th: Afterstory (by David Chen, Moxxin, Adam Twite)
    -The game crashed when I was able to go "up". The graphics were very nice. Cool text effects.

7th: The Major Forces (by Lizzard)
    -Seizure inducing lighting effects. Very simple to the point gameplay.

8th: Monty goes to town (by Spliffium)
    -Slightly clunkly feeling. Controls did their job. Had some fun.

9th: Love is Life (by rui.rosario)
    -Painfully slow gameplay. The concept isn't bad though.

10th: Soulgrab (by RekNepZ)
    -The game crashed whenever I pressed "Enter" (couldn't get past the first menu). I was unable to play it. I tried it after I patched it. Maybe there's another patch?

That's all I got. Sorry I didn't have time for more.

rui.rosario and Alice like this.
  2. Simaster48

Simaster48 Member

RWG Reviews
    Note:
    I'm posting this at the last possible moment for me so if anything seems wrong it'd be the reason for it. <-.->

Top 5:

Fall Harvest Season by BlessHayGaming

Devil's Mansion by Joh

Deadly Desire by GhostlyFeline & Misu

Dead Zone by Carnivius

Dearelict by Yal

Best ofs:

Best use of EVERYBODY IS DEAD: Devil's Mansion by Joh
    Best Concept: Fall Harvest Season by BlessHayGaming
    Best Presentation: Dead Zone by Carnivius
    Best Story: Dearelict by Yal
    Best Devlog: N/A

Comments:

A Ghost Adventure by Nexusrex

It's an interesting puzzle platformer game, using the corpses of the deceased and their abilities to reach the end of each level.

Ok.

Afterstory by David Chen

Why do I get Undertale vibes from this game?

I'm a little sad to see that there is no ending programmed into the game but that's just about the only thing I can complain about.

Enjoyable but unfinished.

Alone by CoderJoe

A decent game with nice pixel art and enjoyable music, I'm just not a fan of zombie games. (They've been overused in so many ways over the last couple of years.)

I was happy to find a short, and perhaps humorous, story when not expecting one. Although I wish there'd been a little less text and more audioable or visual ques, I can understand that timeconstraints and the small size of the game made it a better call to tell the player through text messages and objectives.

All in all:
    Enjoyable

Ps
    That darn trashcan... ^>.<'^

antideath by Yokcos

Oh hey I got the power to revive those gu... AAH,WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING ME??? <O.O>

It's a good if slightly confusing bullet hell game.

Death is not happy, not at all...

Enjoyable

Ask Death by Detective Pixel

I'm unsure as to how I'm gonna rate this game, there's basicly no real gameplay :/

Bone Crusher by chance

*wham*
    *wham* *wham*

It's nice looking and plays well, but I feel like there's a lack of content to be honest. ^^'

Buried At Sea by ZombieLawyer

Either I'm having really bad luck or this game hates me.

I'm not sure what kind of constructive advice I could give, it is a nice idea but it feels unfinished.

Clone Runners by Cameron

No idea what this game is really about, simple puzzle game.

Ok

Comet See the World 50 Yrs Hence by ConsolCWBY

Ermm... <o.o'>
    Ok... <^.^'>

I can see that this was supposed to be story & puzzle driven, and it is, but aside from one quick playthrough I feel no interest in playing it again.
    It feels kinda rushed, like too much of the developpment time was taken by either drawing or programming.

In all honesty, I'm not exactly sure as to what you aimed towards.
    Therefore I can't come with any helpful tips or advice. Sorry... <-.-'>

Dead Zone by Carnivius

I really like the arcade style of this game, although sadly I don't have time to play it to the end.

I'll check back on it once I get a chance! <^.^>

Deadly Desire by GhostlyFeline, Misu

Cute artsy platformer game, I really enjoyed it but there are 2 things which come to mind:

1. There's no explaination about the controls, at all.
    Had to trial & error a bit to figure them out. I recommend at least a readme file to come with it.

2. Too damn short.
    I mean, yeah. I liked it and really enjoyed the game but I wish there'd been more content, a continuation of the story.
    But I can understand, time constraints makes it difficult to finish in time so this might've been the better choice.

Other then that, I really liked it! <^.^>

DEADZONE by Cat, var

N/A

Dearelict by Yal

Well, it kept me playing past the time restrictions I estimated.
    Despite my efforts to find all 30 notes on the first playthrough I never found the last one, or more likely I missed one before the end. <-.-'>
    I gave it another 7-9 minutes, backtracking my steps to find the missing one before I had to give up and move on to the next game on the list.
    I'll be back, and find the darn note! ^>.<*^

So, without going into detail on the story, it is intriguing and kept me thinking. I'll only say that everything isn't as it seemed at first.

I found a few things though that could be improved a bit:

Music/ambient sound - Could loop a bit better, it cuts of at the end before looping sometimes and is quite noticeable in the machine zone.

Walking sound - Could be a bit refined I think, walking on grass sounded a bit off as if I trampled on something akin to dry plastick grass. Not to mention when walking on metal, it's as if the character is occassionally skipping forward instead of walking.

Collision detecting - When standing still and rotating on the spot I noticed that the players collision hitbox was actually offset from the center of the rotation, meaning that if I stood by the edge of a platform and decided to turn around on the spot I'd suddenly find myself having stepped off the platform by rotating the player.

Otherwise I really enjoyed it.
    Nice work Yal! <^.^>

Devil's Mansion by Joh

Hmm, if he was there.... but the butler... and then... <.<'

Ok, this game kept me preoccupied for a while. It reminds me quite a bit of roleplay during Cluedo, a murder mystery where you have to find the suspect to win the game.

I love the premise you set up, it works entirely well with the Theme and gives the player an idea of what their role will be in the game.

Great game! :3

EiD by Nocturne

Aside from the fact that I couldn't find a story, or anything relating to the theme during the time I played, it was a nice game which soon made me want to quote an old favourite game character from Red Alert 2.
    "It's too quiet here." >:3

Everybody is Dead by iTzCallumUK

Hmm, ok.

A platformer with "zombies" as enemies.

Everyone Is Dead by dadio

...Dadio! ^>.<^

Joke game.

Everything's Gone to Hell by TehPilot

Humorous puzzle game.
    I liked it.

Nothing to complain about, gonna play further once I get the time. ;)

EvoBio by felixpf

I'm not quite sure about this game, had to figure out the controls on my own and all, but it is an interesting "evolution" game.

Unsure.

This rucked some of my old memories, really liked the idea behind it.

Of course, I couldn't kill that last survivor.
    He asked me nicely, he had a small flicker of hope, he will live on until his time has come.

Great game!

Final Shelter by The M

A topdown defense/lone survivor game with "building" elements added to it.
    Once again the theme have caused there to be zombies, which annoys me, as the main enemy.

The game itself looks great, it handles nicely and I really like how dark it is in the unlit areas.

Sadly the one lone soundtrack I heard makes me wish for a larger selection or at the very least a change of tempo every now and then, especially once the zombies break through into the main room where the player is.

I'm also sad to see the story merely handwaved in the readme file, true there is one but it might just as well not have been there. (I would've liked to see at least a callback to the reason for this whole apocalypse. Pokemon GO, seriously? How'd that happen?) <o.o^

All in all
    Decent defense/zombie game

Forgive Me For Living by Lonewolff

Umm, ermmm....

Ok...

Dunno what to say about that <-.-'>

Four Versus the World by NAL

N/A

Game Engine Test by Misty

N/A

Ghost Butler by ShadowLancer, Shameless

N/A

ghost town by porcupinester

It looks nice, plays nicely and got a decent plot as far as I played it, but darn does that grinding go on my nervs... <.<

GMCity Carnage by Snail Man

Ok, I'll be honest here. I half expected a troll game for some reason but this was a rather nice shooter.

Don't have much to say other then that.

Enjoyable

Grave Trigger by Dark

Ok, so the Jamplayer couldn't launch this game for some reason, but I managed to play it anyway.

I liked it, though I wish there were more maps I could play on.
    That one map does get a little boring after a while.

Enjoyable

Grey Fall by Morne, Bernard, Marius

Well, I didn't get very far before I died. <.<

I'm unsure about this one.
    The art is nice, the feeling of being alone on an alien planet is conveyed quite well.
    I can't find a story other then what is visible during gameplay, that is, what I can puzzle together from seeing the environment.

Getting caught by the enemies however seem a bit bugged, I managed to escape once on what I later found out was the verge of death.
    But I kept bugging back and forth on either side of the monsters every time they caught me and it was difficult to figure out just what was going on, and I have no idea how I survived the first time.

Other then that it's enjoyable.

Grim Reaper's Last Job by Ehrgeiz, Mortalo

Short but well done, got nothing else to say.

HackMan by AT, SA

Couldn't run.
    Executable missing...

Half Hearted by DocNogloff

*Hums to the music*
    This is a nice puzzle game, I like it alot! <3

That music is quite catchy.

Jumpship Cyrus by Brenbruyn, harukiya

Despite initial trouble due to advancing through the text messages too quickly and pressing a debug button for it, I managed to play through the game and finish it.

Interesting use of theme and pleasant as a shooter, though I would like to have a slightly bigger field of view with the way the camera handles.

Nothing else to say.

Nice Shooter.

Lonely by johnwo

...right.
    Poor guy, I'm such a nut job of an entity and he got stuck with me. :3

Anyway, it's a fascinating idea to build around and it makes for a story on its own although perhaps not the most sane one.

Got some issues with the window but it was already mentioned in the Readme file so other then that I got nothing.

Now to torment the fella some more before moving on. >:3

Lonely Drone by GameDevDan

It's a nice little game.

Love is Life by rui.rosario

Overall good but it gets a bit repetetive after a while.

Monty goes to town by Spliffium

Snake, eating humans...

Sure. alright that works.

Mortal Metanoia by Mattie, Murzy

Ok, interesting and nice platform shooter.
    Though for being "dead" everyone seems quite alive, if horribly malformed. (Well, looked alive until I came by anyway ^^')
    That one single music soundtrack became rather annoying after a while though, some more variation would be nice.

Interesting.

My Dragon Pal by Zodaris

Umm, wait... what did I just...

*huhrmm*

I liked this one, partly due to the pleasant surprise of a story when the readme file gave me a "No story" vibe.

While the game itself could do better graphical wise (I'm not complaining about stick figures here, only the lack of animation. Particulary for the dragon.) it was rather nice and simple, a bit like a game I'd expect to find on a flash site a few years ago.

Not much more I can say at the moment, I enjoyed it.

Noalle's Ark by shadowspear1

It's a cute little game but it feels repetetive after the 4th day and kind of unfinished.

I'm honestly unsure what else to say...

Nothing But Static by zircher

Well that was a quick and immediate start with no explenation what so ever... <.<

There were hints of a story but I was too busy figuring out the controls and killing the hordes of enemies suddenly charging me to read it.
    It also didn't help that it was a pure white text against a bright background which made it a bit more difficult to read as well as the speed it moved in.

Some kind of Readme file with both the story and a control scheme would be nice, especially if the game is going to start up like that.

Nothing Ventured by NeoTalon

Keep walking right. is all there is to do, just keep walking right. ignore the people on the road, just go right. <^.^'>

One Last Bite by NightOwl35

Well, from what little I could play it was nice.
    Then this error occured:

of Step Eventobj_turned
    for object obj_hitbox_enemy:

Unable to find any instance for object index '3' name 'obj_turned'
    at gml_Object_obj_hitbox_enemy_Collision_3
    ############################################################################################

I also noticed that I could just spam attacks and "turns" by holding down the button, might've caused the error but I'm not sure.

Phantomatics by Otyugra

Old School style platformer. Short, simple and slightly difficult if one isn't used to old games.

Pixel Paracide by WRLCK

Unable to start.
    Something is either blocking this game or it didn't download properly, I'll look into it later if given time.

Planet Dreth by Mocgames998

Umm, yeah...

got nothing to say on this one.

Rest in Peace by Blake

Nice short logic game.

Enjoyable & good use of theme.

Revival Of The Undead Princess Satsuka by Aura, Rusty

Umm, hmm...

Well, I found a few things to be annoying but otherwise it was okay.

Collisions are a bit chunky, there were many times when I jumped up to land on the edge of a platform and simply got stuck either in a wall or on the edge itself.

Also colliding with the enemies themselves sometimes lead to them being stuck to the player for a large amount of time, siphoning my health away while I tried to either knock them off me with the hammer or run away. (Damn Bee, I don't have time to whack you right now!)

Other then that it was ok.

Silent Road by JackOatley

N/A

Soulgrab by RekNepZ

of Create Event
    for object obj_genload:

File is not opened for reading.
    at gml_Object_obj_genload_Create_0
    ############################################################################################

Upon trying to start a new game :/

Spooky Jam by kepons

Ok, I'll admit that it's an interesting/creative take on the theme.

Sadly this isn't my type of game and I lost interest in it rather quickly, I tried though. : /

It gets an Ok.

The Equation of Life by Ghandpivot

N/A

The Last Space Luchador by Siolfor the Jackal, Bandido Burrito

First impression upon seeing (and reading) the title screen. Wait, what? x3

(I probably should give myself another 10 minutes to wake up in the morning before doing this ^^')

It's a nice puzzle platformer and an interesting idea, though sadly there's only one level and it feels a bit unfinished with those tile blocks and that one singular background throughout the level.

An interesting idea.

The Major Forces by Lizzard

A decent reaction type game.

It didn't hold my interest very long but from what I saw it was fairly good.

Ok.

The Robot And The Pharaoh by Freddy Jones

N/A

The Winchester by clemonades

N/A

They are all DEAD, Unless... by RustyShadow

Umm, I'm not sure what to make of this one.

First of all, that is not quite the theme. It's a try to work around it but not truly THE theme.

Secondly, I feel kinda limited in my movement as I can barely jump 1 block and even then only if I'm really lucky.

The idea behind the mechanics might be good but it would need a little more work and perhaps be better explained to the player.

This game isn't appealing to me, Sorry.

Time Travel is Hard by guadalcanal

It gave me a good laugh for poking fun at time travel logic, but otherwise I don't have much to say sadly. : /

Tree of Life by Kiesenverseist

N/A

Troubles of Post-Mortal Times by Alice, Mercerenies

Well, I guess it was rather good.
    Didn't play too far so I haven't unlocked the whole story or finished the game yet but it was rather nice for as far as I played.

I don't have much to say other then that it was nice to solve some puzzles for once and actually use my head instead of muscle memory.

Undead Matador Deluxe by MikeDark_x

Time based logic puzzle game.

Don't have much to say.

Welcome To Purgatory by Sirham

N/A

When They Come 2 by trg601

Hmm, I found the game to be interesting at least.
    I'm not sure if there's anything I can really point on, except maybe being stuck in a corner and continiusly smashed.

It's an Ok game.

The M, rui.rosario, Alice and 3 others like this.
  3. Mr Magnus

Mr Magnus Viking King

LADIES AND GENTLEFOLK; I MANAGED 30 GAMES DESPITE 14 HOUR SHIFTS, SCHOOL STARTING AGAIN AND MOVING.

not that anyone really cares too much, but at least I can sway the vote a bit, even a little, because 1/31st is a very small offset and I can rest easy knowing that my first place vote matters 15 times as much as the votes I didn't give out: That's something!

Without further ado, (or whatever the phrase is): here are my top 30!

Reviews
    Top 3:

Genius. Pure blooded genius. And I'm not talking about the equation for life either, just overall genius.
    Fun gameplay, kicking music, wacky animation, and entertaining concept. well done.

The Dark Within by aamatniekss

Great concept, very lovely graphic design, a bit clunky to control but I really really love the concept and the great execution.

The game opened. I saw a DOS bootup. I was intrigued. Then the metal started and a skeleton appeared. I was all but ready to call it a day and award you first place. heck: I even started the game again just to listen to the awesome song.

The game itself is simple, entertaining and while silly is exactly what I wanted from this competition without ever knowing it. You get this score based on awesomeness alone and the incredible replayability of a game that really shouldn't have any based on the mechanics. Well done.

Best ofs:

Best use of EVERYBODY IS DEAD: Everything's Gone to Hell by TehPilot
    Best Concept: The Equation of Life by Ghandpivot
    Best Presentation: Forgive Me For Living by Lonewolff
    Best Story: Afterstory by David Chen, Moxxin, Adam Twite

Full ranking:

• The Equation of Life by Ghandpivot
      • The Dark Within by aamatniekss
      • Forgive Me For Living by Lonewolff
      • Afterstory by David Chen, Moxxin, Adam Twite
      • Everything's Gone to Hell by TehPilot
      • GMCity Carnage by Snail Man
      • Revival Of The Undead Princess Satsuka by Aura, Rusty
      • Desert Lands by Nallebeorn
      • Devil's Mansion by Joh
      • My Dragon Pal by Zodaris
      • Grim Reaper's Last Job by Ehrgeiz, Mortalo
      • Lonely Drone by GameDevDan
      • Everyone is Dead by Aviox
      • Bone Crusher by chance
      • Half Hearted by DocNogloff
      • The Last Ghost by Coolbot4k
      • Pixel Paracide by WRLCK
      • EiD by Nocturne
      • The Robot And The Pharaoh by Freddy Jones
      • Tree of Life by Kiesenverseist
      • Broken World by Zerb Games
      • My My My Charona by Electros
      • Nothing But Static by zircher
      • Regret by Miner7365
      • Nothing Ventured by NeoTalon
      • Comet See the World 50 Yrs Hence by ConsolCWBY
      • They are all DEAD, Unless... by RustyShadow
      • Territory Earth by Wraithious
      • Everybody is Dead by iTzCallumUK
      • Everyone Is Dead by dadio

Comments:

Afterstory by David Chen, Moxxin, Adam Twite

Very heartwarming. I liked just walking around and chatting a bit: the atmosphere was soothing and while it was short I liked this game.

Bone Crusher by chance

I feel we need more games about crushing things with hammers. A short but solid entry with an eeary athmosphere.

Broken World by Zerb Games

Music: solid. Action: fast. but unfortunatly it was a bit hard to control and wasn't exactly a looker.

Comet See the World 50 Yrs Hence by ConsolCWBY

While I appriciate the concept that went into this, there really isn't much to view here. Trough the bitcrushed graphics and button-mashing to solve the puzzles I couldn't really pay attention to the script that was judging me fin vague hints that didn't explain too much.

Desert Lands by Nallebeorn

A very interesting artstyle. pretty, a bit slow to repeat all dialogoue when you mess up and die, and guesstimating where the rebound will land gets a bit hectic and uninteresting. Otherwise a very cool entry.

Devil's Mansion by Joh

I'm extremely facinateded by this game. the concept it represents and how it is represented is a very classic "solve the murder" mystery you might find in a newsletter. I loved the game and while it isn't a winner I think the concept is fantastic!

EiD by Nocturne

didn't see much theme in it, or at least didn't play long enough for it to become clear. I know "Nobody can hear you in space", but some sound would have made a world of difference.

I'm sorry, but a silent platformer which doesn't handle properly isn't really my cup of tea. Avoiding the zombies was, at best, a hinderence to the game and often at times near impossible.

Everyone is Dead by Aviox

after digging for a while, nuking my people several times, cutting a few trees and being dead all the time I realized.... I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing and it isn't immenently clear how to do it. The concept is there and it's a fun little sandbox for a bit, but lack focused direction.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/84b46d362d5dbb7aac0be692b0b01dc2/tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.gif

What we have here is simply the greatest piece of voice acting I have heard in a Jam game. It was clever, entertaining, looked great, script was refreshing: I'd half expect this to be a "real" game being offered for sale. One caviate I found was that in fullscreen it wasn't clear how to exit the game. I know it's hell, but I'd like to leave. Great job!

The game opened. I saw a DOS bootup. I was intrigued. Then the metal started and a skeleton appeared. I was all but ready to call it a day and award you first place. heck: I even started the game again just to listen to the awesome song.

The game itself is simple, entertaining and while silly is exactly what I wanted from this competition without ever knowing it. You get this score based on awesomeness alone and the incredible replayability of a game that really shouldn't have any based on the mechanics. Well done.

Ahhh, the quarter-annual Meta-Jam game. Lovely.

The game was very fun, albeit balancing was a tad off. After a few levels you could mostly just bulldoze over everything. Soon the "COMBO" announcement was blocking my view of the game making it hard to dodge bullets.

Good choice of music, fun game, and if the online scores work then smart choice ( I don't have internet at the time of writing. ALso, the game throws an error if you submit a score without internet connection, just so you know)

It's astonishing that Grim Reaper, keeper of souls, harbringer of eternal peace and master of death is perplexed by a ledge higher than half a meter. Joke aside; the game was entertaining. Simple, cute, mobile-esque. It was in lack of some minor polish, but otherwise a good entry.

A very interesting idea. The game might have benefited from more variety as it quickly got stale, but overall with some polish and more engaging gameplay it could be a great game. Picking up items would have been nice as well, I often pressed wrong buttons by accident. :(

lovely concept, but it's fairly slow to progress.

My Dragon Pal by Zodaris

My Dragon Pal and I destroyed everyone in a minute and a half. that was good fun.

Fun concept, not much more to say

My My My Charona by Electros

Interesting concept, but fairly simple. not much to do after a bit.

Very simple, bit crowded with enemies, not much to be done after the 100th kill.

The giant "YOU ARE DEAD" raining down is a bit on the nose. the content wasn't really there: the entire experience consisted of holding down the left arrow key and waiting until you got to the meaning while saying sorry to everything you met. Might have needed a bit more substance to it.

Pixel Paracide by WRLCK

after getting past the slighty disturbing setting (I don't like parasitic insects) I found that while the gameplay is quite enjoyable it's fairly simple and does not engage the player enough. After a while you get stuck on "Where is that god-damed last worm?!".

Regret by Miner7365

For future projects: remember that dark gray foreground is not very visible on light gray background. gameplay was a little slow for my taste. I appriciate the somber mood. collision boxes were a bit wonky at times.

I don't mean to be rude, but is the music randomly generated? It seems to often go out of tempo with itself or have many instance playing at the same time. combat works fine, but is a bit stiff. The hammer range is a few cm too short meaning that monsters have an easy time to get to you while you are swinging. Artstyle is georgeus. repeating the same intro every time I die gets a bit boring though. Also, turns out defeating pogo monsters with 1 health = impossible. :(

Good game.

Territory Earth by Wraithious

The scaling effect is quite lovely, but otherwise I didn't find much enjoyment of the game as it was fairly rough around the edges and simple.

Great concept, very lovely graphic design, a bit clunky to control but I really really love the concept and the great execution.

Genius. Pure blooded genius. And I'm not talking about the equation for life either, just overall genius.
    Fun gameplay, kicking music, wacky animation, and entertaining concept. well done.

The Last Ghost by Coolbot4k

The game is very cute, soundtrack adorable, but it just isn't my cup of tea. It runs a bit slow (gameplay wise) for my taste.

It seems that it isn't possible shooting mummies from the side. A shame.

aside from the clunky hitbox detection the game could have used polish, it felt a bit stale in a while.

The concept was brilliant: and something I always admire people doing as it is hard to do well and requires a bit of bravery. however beside the clever angle there really isn't much to this game. it's mostly walking around, searching for letters, and seeing what others found. It is a few coats of polishes away from a full set.

Interesting design, but inconsistent mechanics. In the first level I had a blink ability and small pea shooter and then I had just a missle; and it wasn't entirely clear why. The theme was rather vague.

4. Micah_DS

Micah_DS Member

K-Bit Reviews
    ________________________________________________​

Top 3:

1 Gold.png The Dark Within by aamatniekss
    I knew I'd like this one. I love everything about it. The only criticism I can give is that some parts in the beginning felt like they were just a tad too slow with introducing new mechanics or new situations. Also, it could have been even better if there were some more puzzling situations that took more effort to figure out. But, the truth is you did incredible work, and I'm having to try pretty hard to find things that could've been improved upon. Also, it's not like I'm only saying it's awesome soley because the game's graphics are nice and juicy, but it's because the mechanics are solid and the story is interesting., and the world design and mechanics makes a lot of sense, given the circumstances. Everything works together for a brilliant little game.

2 Silver.png Mortal Metanoia by Mattie, Murzy
    Exceptional fun. If only there was a proper ending as opposed to just coming to an empty area with nothing but the HUD and background. Even a message popping up saying. something like,"Sorry, the developers ran out of time, so this is the end. Just press ESC." You guys did awesome though. Love the colors, the music is good, the weapons are varied and interesting, the creature design is cool, etc., etc.

3 Bronze.png ghost town by porcupinester
    I thoroughly enjoyed this. Such quaint feels were had. And the final challenge was actually challenging enough to be satisfied with winning.

Best ofs:

Best use of EVERYBODY IS DEAD: Lonely by johnwo
    Best Concept: antideath by Yokcos
    Best Presentation: Mortal Metanoia by Mattie, Murzy
    Best Story: The Dark Within by aamatniekss
    Best Devlog: Troubles of Post-Mortal Times by Alice, Mercerenies

Full ranking:

1. The Dark Within by aamatniekss
    2. Mortal Metanoia by Mattie, Murzy
    3. ghost town by porcupinester
    4. Troubles of Post-Mortal Times by Alice, Mercerenies
    5. HackMan by AT, SA
    6. antideath by Yokcos
    7. Lonely Drone by GameDevDan
    8. Everything's Gone to Hell by TehPilot
    9. Final Shelter by The M
    10. Fall Harvest Season by BlessHayGaming
    11. Jumpship Cyrus by Brenbruyn, harukiya
    12. Afterstory by David Chen, Moxxin, Adam Twite
    13. Scared to Death by Ixlegraw
    14. The Aftermath by Tselmek, zminusone
    15. Lonely by johnwo
    16. The Swarm by Fel666
    17. Rest in Peace by Blake
    18. Alone by CoderJoe, Awesomesauce, Dysprox
    19. Last Stand by Jett
    20. Forgive Me For Living by Lonewolff
    21. Grave Trigger by Dark
    22. When They Come 2 by trg601
    23. Dead Zone by Carnivius
    24. Dearelict by Yal
    25. EiD by Nocturne
    26. Four Versus the World by NAL
    27. Desert Lands by Nallebeorn
    28. The Winchester by clemonades
    29. Undead Matador Deluxe by MikeDark_x
    30. Spooky Jam by kepons
    31. The Last Ghost by Coolbot4k
    32. Soulgrab by RekNepZ
    33. Pixel Paracide by WRLCK
    34. Half Hearted by DocNogloff
    35. GMCity Carnage by Snail Man
    36. Ask Death by Detective Pixel
    37. Ghost Butler by ShadowLancer, Shameless
    38. Buried At Sea by ZombieLawyer
    39. Grim Reaper's Last Job by Ehrgeiz, Mortalo
    40. Clone Runners by Cameron
    41. Revival Of The Undead Princess Satsuka by Aura, Rusty
    42. One Last Bite by NightOwl35
    43. Last Hope by HayManMarc, zminusone
    44. Game Engine Test by Misty
    45. My Dragon Pal by Zodaris
    46. The Last Space Luchador by Siolfor the Jackal, Bandido Burrito
    47. The Major Forces by Lizzard
    48. Dance With Death by nvrogers
    49. Everyone is Dead by Aviox
    50. Death's Salesman by zn_pete, Daniel Navarro, wilix95
    51. Devil's Mansion by Joh
    52. Planet Dreth by Mocgames998
    53. Phantomatics by Otyugra
    54. Welcome To Purgatory by Sirham
    55. Grey Fall by Morne, Bernard, Marius
    56. The Equation of Life by Ghandpivot
    57. Deadly Desire by GhostlyFeline, Misu
    58. Noalle's Ark by shadowspear1
    59. Everyone Is Dead by dadio
    60. Broken World by Zerb Games
    61. Tree of Life by Kiesenverseist
    62. A Ghost Adventure by Nexusrex
    63. My My My Charona by Electros
    64. Regret by Miner7365
    65. Monty goes to town by Spliffium
    66. Everybody is Dead by iTzCallumUK
    67. Silent Road by JackOatley
    68. Love is Life by rui.rosario
    69. Save the Last Human by Moon Goat
    70. Bone Crusher by chance
    71. EvoBio by felixpf
    72. They are all DEAD, Unless... by RustyShadow
    73. Nothing But Static by zircher
    74. KATT by KaShuen
    75. Nothing Ventured by NeoTalon
    76. A long time after by poncle
    77. Come + See the World 50 Yrs Hence by ConsolCWBY
    78. The Robot And The Pharaoh by Freddy Jones
    79. Time Travel is Hard by guadalcanal
    80. Territory Earth by Wraithious
    81. DEADZONE by Cat, var

Comments:
    Pre-comment note: You might want to use your browser's "find" feature (usually ctrl+f)) and type in your game's name to more easily find what I said about your game. I commented on EVERY game and tried my best to be critical in a constructive way, though for some I definitely failed on this. Sorry if anything seems to harsh. In any case, DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED.

A Ghost Adventure by Nexusrex

Hmm, nothing comes to mind for comments on this one, but it does seem fairly creative with the mechanics, so that's cool.

A long time after by poncle

I'm sorry to be so harsh, but it just didn't interest me. I wanted more "game" in the game. More interactivitiy.

Afterstory by David Chen, Moxxin, Adam Twite

Awesome game, feels fairly polished, despite the 4 bugs I personally encountered. The art style is very nice, and there are some nice "feeling" moments even. A really pleasant experience and the game managed to draw me into the world, making me care about things that happened in it. I wouldn't mind playing a full length game in this world. Well done.

Alone by CoderJoe, Awesomesauce, Dysprox

This was surprisingly enjoyable. Your sister makes awesome music. I played through the game twice. The second time around, I turned off sounds and left the music on. The gameplay is fun. Even though it's sort of a typical zombie shooter, it's good.

antideath by Yokcos

Really unique and awesome. I was experiencing some strange problems with drawing, not having the screen clear properly and also not drawing some levels, which is a pretty bad glitch. Without that issue, this would be perfect. It's a nice challenge, has the perfect amount of content for a jam game, imho, and it appears to have an end (I almost beat the final part, but had to give up for the sake of trying other games. I'll come back to beat it another day). The concept and mechanics are genius. Awesome work.

Ask Death by Detective Pixel

Very simple, super "filthy casual" friendly. There's not much to do and sometimes you can get blank spots in the text where there should be a word generated, but overall it's a fun little idea that was executed pretty well.

Bone Crusher by chance

The gameplay wasn't all that fun for me, but it was very nice and smooth.

Broken World by Zerb Games

Seemed like a bit of a mess, to be honest. Felt like I didn't have the control I should. The graphics were pretty cool though.

Buried At Sea by ZombieLawyer

Definitely unique from the other entries. It's kind of fun to attack everyone..... I'm a horrible person when gaming.

Clone Runners by Cameron

The theme isn't expressed very clearly. The concept and gameplay are okay. Nice job with the level design.

Come + See the World 50 Yrs Hence by ConsolCWBY

The mechanics are pretty broken in the word puzzles.

Dance With Death by nvrogers

The text in the beginning is far too slow. I was dying for a skip button. I encountered a glitch on one playthrough where I was hit and got pushed out of the room's boundaries. I could not get back in to the room. Had to restart the game. The bullet hell mechanics are done nicely, it's all pretty smooth, the graphics are nice and the game style is fairly interesting and the music along with the art made me want to party, so it must mean I was having a good time.

Dead Zone by Carnivius

I would've rated this super high if it weren't broken. You get to that one room, the skull appears and you can't kill it or get past it. Then if you die, the skull is still there, just very... seperated. And still I am blocked by this 'you shall not pass' situation. Nevertheless, the game is glorious and plays on my nostalgia very impressively.

Deadly Desire by GhostlyFeline, Misu

The abilities you get are chosen well. The platforming aspect was a bit too unrefined. Pretty nice use of graphics.

DEADZONE by Cat, var

Unfortunately, the lag kills any hope for this game. I have a pretty high end gaming PC that runs most anything currently on the market at full settings with little to no trouble. It would be beneficial to for you to learn the cause (if you haven't already) to avoid the problem in future games. I'm sorry if this is too harsh, but no game should ever lag like this; it's just unacceptable. Therefore, I feel it's only right to give this a low rating, despite what awesome content it may contain, this issue is so big that it overshadows it all.

Dearelict by Yal

Runs very smoothly, when walking on metal I felt like I was playing a Zelda game and it made me really nostalgic for OoT, MM, and TP. The world is big, which is cool, but it's also not cool, because there is too little variation spread over too much space. It would've been better to keep the world smaller. Just because you can do something (like making a large world), it does not mean you should. The notes are written pretty well though, sparking an interest to figure out the whole story. Though it did not interest me enough to find them all, because I got bored, due to the world size and its general emptiness. Overall, a very nice accomplishment for a game made in 72 hours.

Death's Salesman by zn_pete, Daniel Navarro, wilix95

Pretty interesting idea. The humor is definitely the high point of the game; some great humor in there.

Desert Lands by Nallebeorn

Pretty cool. A little hard to see stuff. Deliciously dusty.

Devil's Mansion by Joh

Honestly, I have to be in the mood for a game like this and I just wasn't at all at any point during the game jam, and even more so because of feeling rushed due to all the entries and my goal of playing them all, and this kind of game requires analysis. Still, it's a good concept. It felt a little cluttered though. Perhaps I'll come back and play this one more thoroughly another time.

EiD by Nocturne

Fun and definitely gets challenging, though I did feel like I didn't quite have the control I should have over my ship.
    On a random note, has anyone ever played Zone 66 for DOS? If you liked this, you might like that game. A good chunk of my childhood went to that wonderful game.

It does present a little challenge trying to figure out how to make the zombies move and fall, but it's quite rough around the edges. But congrats on actually having a playable game done in time, and the level design is actually pretty well done in terms of making it a puzzle to solve (it's an action puzzle, ofc). Each situation requires some different movements to lure and dodge around the zombies. You actually did this very well. Many people make the mistake of repeating puzzling aspects of games without changing it up enough to require the player to do something new, but instead they just repeat something that requires the exact solution as a past puzzle, and that's not good game design, as it presents no challenge and it's just mindless filler. So whether you planned this or if it was just happy coincidence, a job well done on that aspect.

Everyone is Dead by Aviox

This game really needed to give the player some kind of reward and/or incentive for keeping everyone alive for as long as possible. The problem is that there is no reason to stay alive for any length of time, yet the game mechanics are built as if there is reason to. It would have been better to have the player last a certain amount of time in order to progress. And further stages would require that more and more people stay alive and for a longer amount of time. Something like that would have made it a lot more fun. Still, I enjoyed it a bit.

Despite my low rating, it is hilarious and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it wouldn't be fair at all to rate this very well, as it obviously didn't get as much time and effort put into it as most other entries, nor does it have any gameplay, and this is a GAME jam, after all. Despite the simplicity of the art, the drawings give off a great wacky toony character. Well done, and thank you for the laugh.

I played it through and it's a really great entry. Nice style in many regards. The game's got a surprising amount of character. The way the music works throughout the game is definitely worth noting, as it is awesome. Of course, I wasn't aware of what the music does until I read about it and played it again, and I heard how it adds new stuff. It's actually one of the professional tricks of handling game music, intertwining it with the game to create a better gaming experience, so I was very impressed by this. I know a little about this, as I produce music myself, and I've had the privledge of learning a few things from some experienced people.
    My only sadness was when I got stuck in a wall once, but I just used R to reset the level. Not a big deal. This game is a gem.

EvoBio by felixpf

To be fair, I couldn't play this with anyone to see how it plays with two people, but I did get stuck inside a guy when my controlled guy got bigger, and it's also obviously quite incomplete. That said, it does have a certain charm to it.

Gameplay-wise, nothing really stands out, except that it plays well and it's enjoyable. You did good. I like how the reaper sort of creates a narrative, sort of. Props for voice acting. The game feels pretty well-polished.

Final Shelter by The M

This ended up being a lot more fun than I thought it would be. A zombie shooter is a bit unimaginative, yet the gameplay is still loads of fun. THe balance and difficulty escaIation is pretty good too. Not overly hard to win, but also not so easy that it's no challenge at all. Nice work.

I played twice and the most friends I got was 113 for a score of 6100 I think. The game is a bit buggy. I somehow made an officer glitch out and become unkillable and other times I blasted people through the floor and the fell into the deep endless abyss. How far you get is also a little too dependant on the luck of the draw. Sometimes you get a hill and the other side has a ton of officers and it's nearly impossible to survive that. Still, the game was a lot of fun. Miniguns (or whatever the correct term is) are always a joy. Well done, and thank you for the experience.

Four Versus the World by NAL

Nice game, but oddly enough, it struggled to hold my interest, and it is not without bugs either. I was able to make a dead member enter a dungeon. A ladder can be placed in unreachable positions in the dungeons (discovered by hugging the wall, making a full circle; double checked, triple checked - there was no way in and death was inevitable). Honestly though, it's really well made. I don't know why I didn't enjoy it more. It just gave me a feeling that it was lacking in some important way, even though it is quite nicely featured. Not sure. The text is hilarious and clever in many cases though and I really enjoyed that.

Game Engine Test by Misty

Seems like it was too ambitious of a project to go for in under 72 hours, so it's really rough around the edges and gameplay isn't as it should be. Obviously full of potential for a fun game though (and I saw that this was continuing in development, so that's pretty cool).

Ghost Butler by ShadowLancer, Shameless

I got up to 1000 points without any difficuklty and didn't see it getting much harder, so I decided to end it by angering the customers, giving the wrong order to them and ignoring them. It was oddly entertaining to watch a customer become enraged due to being ignored. Overall, a nice entry.

ghost town by porcupinester

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Such quaint feels were had. And the final challenge was actually challenging enough to be satisfied with winning.

Pretty fun horizontal shooter with a fair amount of content. Well done. I had a top ranking score, until I didn't.... dang, people really went to town.

Grave Trigger by Dark

Fun to play for a bit. It really needed mouse sensitivity settings though, or maybe it's just that the code should be different for that aspect of the game. It was way too low and my mouse has 3 settings, and even on the highest (i.e. fastest movement) it was just barely okay, but I still couldn't turn as fast as I wanted to. In every other game I've played - GameMaker games included - I've had far more range available and I was easily able to get the sensitivity I needed. The lighting in the game is pretty cool, btw. Overall, quite nice. Well done. Props for the voxel usage.

Grey Fall by Morne, Bernard, Marius

The biggest issue with this game is that your bullets often don't hit the enemies. What's up with that? Also, there is way too much to collect and it gets tiresome fast. The music sets a pretty good mood and the graphics are good though. Honestly, I would've ranked this much higher if the mechanics worked better, but it just felt a little too broken and it gets boring fast with the collecting.

Pretty nice but maybe just slightly too short and it is a tad clunky. It's also possible to die and win at the same time, though it just continues to the next level. The art is quite nice.

HackMan by AT, SA

Got to level 6 and had to give up due to wasting tons of time playing it over and over again, taking on the challenge. I'd play more, but I've got more jam games to play before the voting deadline. But I shall return to this game and I WILL claim my victory.

But yeah, awesome concept and gameplay. Very fun and definitely challenging. I love this.

Really unique idea and pretty enjoyable to play, and some good humor. A job well done.

Jumpship Cyrus by Brenbruyn, harukiya

Impressive work. It doesn't feel like it's missing anything and it's quite fun to blast buildings and ships away. It's quite polished as well. I was not able to beat it (I'm not sure there is an ending?), but what I saw of the game was really good.

KATT by KaShuen

Truthfully, I didn't enjoy this, but don't be downhearted. You completed your game in time for the jam. Not everyone can say the same. Well done.

Last Hope by HayManMarc, zminusone

A bit too unimaginative and incomplete feeling and traversing the stairways takes a little too long. Nevertheless, the game was still a little fun for a while.

Last Stand by Jett

Not extremely fun, but still fun. The art is nice. Difficulty is good.

Lonely by johnwo

I didn't have time to find out if there is an ending that doesn't end in death, but it's an interesting concept and presented pretty well.

Really fun! The hitbox for the drone is a bit annoyingly big, but that's really my only gripe. The graphics are really good and they have some character. Even when lacking sound and music, I'm impressed! Nice work!

Love is Life by rui.rosario

Nice way to look at "everybody is dead", but unfortuantely the game just wasn't fun for me at all; it wasn't challenging, etc. I like the message of the game though. Technology is awesome, but people are everything.

Monty goes to town by Spliffium

Pretty much a Snake clone. I didn't feel like it was a very good use of the theme, though it plays fairly well and it's somewhat enjoyable.

Mortal Metanoia by Mattie, Murzy

Exceptional fun. If only there was a proper ending as opposed to just coming to an empty area with nothing but the HUD and background. Even a message popping up saying. something like,"Sorry, the developers ran out of time, so this is the end. Just press ESC." You guys did awesome though. Love the colors, the music is good, the weapons are varied and interesting, the creature design is cool, etc., etc.

My Dragon Pal by Zodaris

My goodness but it is fun to light things on fire. If you hadn't of put the reference to the video in the readme, I would've mistaken this for being inspired by Trogdor. BURNINATING THE PEASANTS!! AND THE THATCHED ROOF COTTAGEEEEEESSSSS!!!!

My My My Charona by Electros

The gameplay is pretty fun, actually. It's kind of like Frogger, but not. Although it's too easy and I actually had to try to kill myself to end it. XD

Noalle's Ark by shadowspear1

Not having enough control over the weapon makes it all up to luck whether you kill them or not. I understand it's incomplete, but it's missing some pretty important things like this. Still, it does have potential.

Feels pretty rough around the edges. The weapons all appear to function too similarly to each other. The hexagonal grid usage and overall layout is pretty cool though.

I found myself reacting multiples times with "WTH is this?" So it was interesting and sort of fun in that way I guess.

One Last Bite by NightOwl35

Gameplay isn't bad, but it's not super interesting or extremely fun to play either. Turning the guys is a cool feature though, and the graphics aren't half bad.

Phantomatics by Otyugra

Doesn't feel like the game had a proper focus, and why such a small resolution? But the game has a real nice charm to it. Perhaps it's because I'm almost 30 and I'm just a bit nostalgic. XD

Pixel Paracide by WRLCK

Oops, got to level 7 then died due to being too tired from playing too many jam games. So I can't speak for the ending (I'll have to beat it another day), but this game was really enjoyable. My biggest gripe is that the shots should've been a different color to make them easier to discern from the parasites. More than once, I found myself hitting a shot because I thought it was a parasite to eat. The graphics are pretty good, btw.

Planet Dreth by Mocgames998

Pretty rough around the edges, but it seems fairly large scale for being made in under 72 hours, so it's understandable. And I say it "seems" fairly large because I didn't get to finish it, so I don't really know. I found the large amount of info boxes to be annoying. Major props for trying for a Metroid-like though. Er, I guess that's what this is? Sorry, I didn't get far enough to really know if that's accurate or not. I just got the higher jump, then ran off the side of the map and had to quit because I couldn't come back.

Regret by Miner7365

I feel like I'm being harsh, but it really just doesn't stack up against many other entries. I must also note that the pressure plates are very hard to see. The ending was a little interesting, but it still felt too lacking. However, it is an awesome thing that if you run the game again after the ending, you get that message adn the game closes. Very good idea there. I loved that a lot.

Rest in Peace by Blake

Nice little game. Would have been even better if it had randomly-generated content to change the puzzles, but I expect that would've taken too much time. Nice art style, btw.

In all honestly, the hitboxes are not good. The animations do not do something that is part of their basic job, which is to let the player know what is actually happening through the visual. Despite these things being really rough, the game is still kinda fun and presents a good enough challenge to make it interesting.

Save the Last Human by Moon Goat

Sorry, the gameplay isn't all that enjoyable to me, and it's impossible to win, and there is no score, meaning the player really gets no reward for anything they do. It would have been a lot more enjoyable with a score that you can try to beat each play, especially since it's impossible to win. That said, the toonish graphics are pretty awesome. Nice work on that.

Scared to Death by Ixlegraw

Awesome. This actually presented a challenge and some pretty good mechanics. I kind of cheated the system though and pushed bodies off of the edge of the screen, as I discovered it would cause the guys to run scared toward the opposing side as soon as they entered the screen, heh heh. I loved the ending fight too. Uh, but I played it a second time and wanted to quit before finishing and realized that there is no quit, so I had to alt-tab out. A proper means of exiting a game is definitely something that should not be overlooked. But yeah, really fun little game.

Silent Road by JackOatley

The graphical style was very fitting and moody.

Soulgrab by RekNepZ

The random generation is kind of neat, though there isn't enough to the core gameplay to make me want to play it multiple times, even if the world will be different next time. Even though you said to not mind the bugs, I can't help it, I got stuck in the sides of blocks a number of times (though I was always able to get out super easily), and the landing is honestly handled quite noobishly and/or lazily, but I expect you just had to zip through some things to focus on others, so I understand. I really like how you did those "locked" box things that require you to get a certain amount of souls to open, btw. The music may be old, but it's not that bad. Overall, a nice game. I enjoyed this more than I think I should have. I must really like the satisfiaction of collecting things when there's a percentage left shown and stuff, or maybe it just reminded me of Seiklus and brought back some of that nostalgia, or perhaps it was a little of both.

Spooky Jam by kepons

Ugh, I only scored 34492, but just tried it once. I guess I'm used to rhythm games maintaining speed. To be absolutely honest, I thought it was just okay. I think I made the mistake of expecting it to be a little different when looking at the posts made during the jam. Aw well, it's still pretty good, and the graphics have nice style and character.

Territory Earth by Wraithious

Feels far too unpolished. The gameplay suffers so much from this that it's not really even fun to play for me. Sorry for being so harsh. That said, kudos to you for doing all the photography and recording nature sounds. It shows you have some creativity and can think more outside of the box.

The Aftermath by Tselmek, zminusone

Very nice, very casual. I did expereince a bug that froze the game on two occasions, but had trouble reproducing it after those two times. Besides that, the game ran solid and felt really nice. Kinda wish there was "right" and "wrong" answers or something, though, because it sort of feels pointless. Still, all the graphics and sounds go very well together and the ending is quite clever. Major thumbs up for a great ending.

I knew I'd like this one. I love everything about it. The only criticism I can give is that some parts in the beginning felt like they were just a tad too slow with introducing new mechanics or new situations. Also, it could have been even better if there were some more puzzling situations that took more effort to figure out. But, the truth is you did incredible work, and I'm having to try pretty hard to find things that could've been improved upon. Also, it's not like I'm only saying it's awesome soley because the game's graphics are nice and juicy, but it's because the mechanics are solid and the story is interesting., and the world design and mechanics makes a lot of sense, given the circumstances. Everything works together for a brilliant little game.

Hah, gave up on the desert level. Interesting mechanics, but maybe a tad too hard. Could've given the player more time to think. It's not too bad if it weren't for the things that totally kill you and make you start all over if you don't find the necessary combo.

The Last Ghost by Coolbot4k

Love the 8-bit feeling and old school Zelda vibe and just the NES feels in general (not sure if it was inspired by anything like this, but just saying that's what it reminded me of personally), but it feels like some of the mechanics drag the game down. It would've been better to make it shorter.

The Last Space Luchador by Siolfor the Jackal, Bandido Burrito

Ragdoll physics are ALWAYS a pleasure. Always. I did occasionally experience the bodies being thrown right after picking them up, even though I didn't press the button again. But yeah, ragdoll stuff is so fun. Why is it so fun?

The Major Forces by Lizzard

Simple idea, excecuted well enough, though I would have liked to see the difficulty escalate a little better. The graphics are interesting. Nice work.

I'm sorry, but this one is definitely lacking. Bullets sometimes don't hit enemies when they should, passing straight through them (and yes, I understand the hit box is more toward their feet; I'm not talking about the bullets that pass behind them). Also, the great number of close walls make it annoying trying to shoot enemies, especially for horizontal halls where you can't really see anything, due to the perspective. Enemies spawn in walls and they get stuck. It's not all that enjoyable to play. But, on the bright side, the graphics aren't half bad and the game feels really smooth.

The Swarm by Fel666

Disgusting and awesome.

The Winchester by clemonades

Short and fairly sweet. I really like the graphical style.

Not really fun to me, but kudos for trying something different.

Time Travel is Hard by guadalcanal

It may not have been executed well, but the concept was actually pretty good. Points for creativity.

It's fairly fun, though it's confusing knowing why you can't shoot sometimes (??) and what pick-up items do what. Also, the explosions are a bit harsh-sounding. It is quite satisfying blowing a lot of guys up at once via a chained explosion. I love explosions.

Troubles of Post-Mortal Times by Alice, Mercerenies

Oops, almost beat it, then hit reset by accident because I was multi-tasking and I apparently failed at it...... no time to do it all over again for now, but I'm sure I'l come back to play it all the way through later, because I really like it.
    Too bad there wasn't an "are you sure?" prompt when hitting reset, though I'm not saying it's the fault of the game... well, actually, you did put the back button in the lower left corner sometimes, then right after pressing back, the reset button would be where the back button previously was and then the back button is at the top left, so that honestly is a menu design flaw. But yeah it was mostly my fault. I understand that. Just saying the back button should remain consistent.
    Oh yeah, did I mention that I love this game? Wonderful puzzles, even though many of them are too easy and can be solved in too many ways. But that's to be expected with so much content in so little time. Spectacular job guys. I like the humorous text as well.

Undead Matador Deluxe by MikeDark_x

Wow, gotta think quick. I got 303 points on first try, and second try I got 396. On my last try when doing final reviews of the games, I got 697. Not sure if that's all the great, but I had a surprisng amount of fun with this, so that's cool.

Welcome To Purgatory by Sirham

The story told by the signs kept me interested. The biggest killer of this game is the slooooooowww movement. I found myself especially bored when walking distances were long. The slow movement unfortuantely really sucked a lot of the fun out of it, making it more of a chore than a game. But I really enjoyed the puzzle aspects of it and overall it was enjoyable. I played the entire thing.

When They Come 2 by trg601

I love you for the pool of acid giving me superpowers. The game is pretty solid. I only experienced small oddities with the physics. It was fun to shoot acid at the alien monster whatever-they-are things. I like how parts of the game have a sort of cinematic vibe.

Final personal notes:
    Wow, barely made the post in time! Everyone did awesome and it was a ton of fun to play all the games you guys made. I already can't wait for the next jam! And I'm determined to complete a game next time too.:p

The M, rui.rosario and TehPilot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.