Here are my guesses to the themes

E M E R G E N C Y _ A S C O M A S
E R A D I C T I O N
D E A L E R

M

Misu

My guess...

EVERYTHING ASOCIAL

to be honest, i cant come up with a guess for the second word; nothing seems to match

M

Mocgames998

How about:
E - - R - - - - - _ - S - - - A - : ExtRemely_XSaiyAn!!! (XTREME.) (?) I've never watched or read Dragonball, actually.
- R A - - - T - - -: TRASHATOWN (Kaboom) or: ARATTATATA!
- E - L - -: LELLOL or, FELLED (?)

G

GVmG

The second theme might be BRAINSTORM.

EDIT: or TRANSITION, GRAFFITIST, TRAUMATIZE.

Time to make the most terrifying graffiti horror game ever.

EDIT2: no but seriously I think it's BRAINSTORM.

EDIT3: with all the filthy frank I just watched, the last one could be REALMS. But I think REPLAY would be a more interesting theme.

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff

Gotta thank @NAL for that first theme. Come to think of it, she has some record of using pretty uncommon words in the past, doesn't she? Like in those cipher riddles or that crossword game that had nothing to do with that Jam's theme...

(is it bad that I can't hold back my Dungeon-Master style laugh? No? I guess that might be bad if I'm eating popcorn at the same time...)

Last edited:
N

Nexusrex

I've got a little question..Am i able to skip the voting part? Because i won't be home after the jam's end for 16 days and i won't have my laptop.

G

GVmG

<snip>

Gotta thank NAL for that first theme. Come to think of it, he has some record of using pretty uncommon words in the past, doesn't he? Like in those cipher riddles or that crossword game that had nothing to do with that Jam's theme...

(is it bad that I can't hold back my Dungeon-Master style laugh? No? I guess that might be bad if I'm eating popcorn at the same time...)
That kind of makes me thing that my guess of the first word of the first theme being ENCRYPTED might be correct.

Also that GIF is super cute.

M

MikeDark_x

I've got a little question..Am i able to skip the voting part? Because i won't be home after the jam's end for 16 days and i won't have my laptop.
I think I have never voted... most of the time the voting period overlaps with stuff from my life and I can't really vote, in other words voting is up to you

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
I've got a little question..Am i able to skip the voting part?
You can. I'd rather have participants not skip the voting, but if it can't be helped, I can understand. ^^'

(nothing like the last time, when voting-was-said-to-be-a-must-but-kinda-sorta-turned-out-not-to-be *whistling*)

Shadow Link

Good news everyone! With a new forum comes a new countdown clock! No need to worry, the core functionality is still the same. So what's new?
  • Bootstrappy goodness (mobile friendly now, yay!)
  • Theme fetcher shouldn't break as much now
  • Global config, which will make updating for new Jams easier
  • New CSS to match the new forum
  • An About tab to cover some info

As always, if anyone has any questions about it, drop me a Private Message so your question doesn't get lost in this thread.

Z

zircher

Thanks for the update.

Last guess, EVERYONES _USEDCAR or EVERYONES_ASOCIAL.

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Only a few hours left till the theme voting starts now~! If you have any more guesses, make them now. ^^

G

GVmG

My guesses are:
Code:
ENCRYPTED <something>
BRAINSTORM
REPLAY
EDIT: hang on, HANG ON. This is the summer jam... Alice said the first theme contains rarely used words. And I happen to know a rather rare word related to summer: ESTIVAL (related to/happening in summer).

So, EXTREMELY ESTIVAL would kinda make sense.

If you're wondering how I know the term Estival... reasons. Anime ninja girls, specifically. Also it's similar to the Italian word "estivo" (feminine "estiva") which means "related to/happening in summer", and is a rather common word in Italian.

Last edited by a moderator:

ghandpivot

E V E R Y B O D Y _ I S _ - - A -
Surely it could be something along these lines, the space we already have just being one of the revealed "letters" and thus there could be another one.

G

GVmG

E V E R Y B O D Y _ I S _ - - A -
Surely it could be something along these lines, the space we already have just being one of the revealed "letters" and thus there could be another one.
EVERYBODY IS DEAD.

Meh, it's not really an "exotic word" though.

EDIT: my bets for now are EXTREMELY ESTIVAL, BRAINSTORM and REPLAY.

Micah_DS

(snip) EXTREMELY ESTIVAL (snip)
I'm gonna go with this too. I admit I had to look up the word, "estival" (edit: but I wouldn't have had to if I remembered the usefulness of properly reading what previous people said... tsk tsk on me), but the definition is apparently "belonging to or appearing in Summer", so, since it's Summer IRL, I guess it makes sense. But perhaps it's a mistake to assume the words will make sense, haha.

So my final guesses are, EXTREMELY(I guess) ESTIVAL, TRAJECTION or TRAJECTORY, and also REPLAY.

Last edited:

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Or EVERYBODY IS FLAT. (xomg finally a theme i can relate to). Could be used for some cool 3D things where you need to rotate the camera to see NPCs/enemies that are paper-thin, or a game where you guide flattened 3-pixel-tall people through vents and stuff you yourself can't get through because you're still round and chubby.

NAL

ʕ ᓀ ᴥ ᓂ ʔ
GMC Elder
My guesses are:
EDIT: hang on, HANG ON. This is the summer jam... Alice said the first theme contains rarely used words. And I happen to know a rather rare word related to summer: ESTIVAL (related to/happening in summer).

So, EXTREMELY ESTIVAL would kinda make sense.
Surely I, a British person, would have spelt it "Aestival" in the theme though? ;)

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff

The themes are not:

EXTREMELY ESTIVAL
TRAIN TUNE
YELLOW

(gotta admit, though, EXTREMELY AESTIVAL would be pretty cool)

Instead, they are... *drumroll*

EVERYBODY IS DEAD
TRANSITION
REPLAY

And thus, the theme voting officially begins!

To vote, please choose the theme you like the most, and send me a private message on GMC with that theme.

Tomorrow, the voting will be over, the winning theme will be announced, and the Jam will officially start!

Now, let's get this going~! :3

So... When are the themes revealed?
Kinda sorta, right now.

A

Aura

I already know which theme is going to be chosen... *whistling*

(Two of them are not *that* good; but kudos to whoever decided them.)

Also, you said that the themes would be announced 24 hours before the Jam starts. But you did it one and about half an hour earlier. (Thanks to whoever kept me stuck here by being in my alerts; won't have been the first one to vote without your help...) But that's understandable... *cough* Jam tradition~♫

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Also, you said that the themes would be announced 24 hours before the Jam starts.
Actually...
  • the day before the Jam starts (at least 24 hours in advance) all 3 themes are revealed and theme voting begins
It is the day before the Jam starts, and it is at least 24 hours in advance. So all is in order here. ^^

(I specifically wrote the "at least" part so that I wouldn't be stuck to computer waiting for the time to post the themes)

Micah_DS

I already know which theme is going to be chosen... *whistling*
(Two of them are not *that* good; but kudos to whoever decided them.)
Are you sure you know what will be chosen? Seems like there are a number of newbies - like me, and I expect I may have voted a little differently because of my inexperience with game jams, and a number of other newbies might also not vote 'optimally', due to not really knowing what will be a good theme and all.

But whatever, I see a lot of possibility in what I voted for.

A

Aura

@Alice: You don't understand. Or it's probably *me* who's not the best at explaining and putting together ideas. ^^'

I made that statement to say that: (wanted to say that) *I* thought that you'd announce the themes exactly 24 hours before the Jam, so I was about go offline and return after an hour or so. (But simultaneous alerts kept me engaged and I think I was able to be the first one to vote for the theme; bad fangirl games I know.) Reference to "Jam tradition" was made to depict weird things that the *Jammers* do. I'm not the best at interpreting things like that, so don't kill me for that. There's that. ^^'

M

MikeDark_x

Are you sure you know what will be chosen? Seems like there are a number of newbies - like me, and I expect I may have voted a little differently because of my inexperience with game jams, and a number of other newbies might also not vote 'optimally', due to not really knowing what will be a good theme and all.

But whatever, I see a lot of possibility in what I voted for.
Well during the time I participated in jams there was never such a thing as theme votes... so... I guess we have different mechanics this time, more fun I guess

A

Aura

Well during the time I participated in jams there was never such a thing as theme votes... so... I guess we have different mechanics this time, more fun I guess
Yes. This is the second time we're going to vote for a theme.

G

GVmG

Mmh, idk about Everybody Is Dead... it feels too "zombie" for me, but I guess it could be twisted.

Replay is pretty okay but kinda already done, and Transition just doesn't ring any bell :/

We'll see, we'll see.

S

Sovel

Well.. I think the theme is decided-BUT!! My game idea works with all so I'm good concept wise. Good luck all, have fun & don't die without trying.

L

LegendarySavior

EVERYBODY IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

Morne

Wow! I kinda feel you can just use "Post Apocalyptic" where "EVERYBODY IS DEAD", how does your character "TRANSITION" with this premise, and would be nice if the game is "REPLAYable" or "REPLAY" as in a replay of memories to tell the story. This as the main theme.

It is well defined and has interesting ideas to explore...

You got us all excited with the "POST APOCALYPTIC" way too early!

R

rui.rosario

I'd like it to be transition, I have a couple of ideas for it right now :p

Reactions: Xor
Status
Not open for further replies.