• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android The path to the Android NDK cannot be found

Hello, can anyone help me? My GameMaker cannot find the path to (NDK 22.1.7171670) or (NDK 22.0.7026061), but it can find the NDK 21. I am using the latest GameMaker. Thank you for any help :)

Screenshot_9.png

rIKmAN

Hello, can anyone help me? My GameMaker cannot find the path to (NDK 22.1.7171670) or (NDK 22.0.7026061), but it can find the NDK 21. I am using the latest GameMaker. Thank you for any help :)

View attachment 39627
What version of GMS2 are you using?

From GMS2 Required SDKs:
  • We are aware that in the new NDK 22 Google have moved files around in the installation and so GMS2 2.3.2 or newer is required should you need to use NDK 22.

• We recommend Android API 30 / NDK 22 for all projects. API 30 is only supported in GMS2 2.3.1+ and NDK 22 requires GMS2 2.3.2+.
So update to v2.3.2 or use an older NDK.

Amon

I'm using GMS2 2.3.2+ and it will not recognize the NDK 22rb location. I reverted to NDK r21b. Not only that, but I've also had to use the MS Version of OpenJDK 1.8 in order for the Android export to work.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Yeah, there is still an issue with 2.3.2 runtimes and NDK 22 - please continue using NDK 21 for now, and we will fix properly for 2.3.3. We have obviously missed updating that one line in the Required SDKs FAQ, so I will go fix that right now - thanks!

Our setup information for Android does say to always use the OpenJDK install which comes with Android Studio - if you were previously using the Oracle JDK, then this hasn't been the correct one to use for quite a while (ever since Oracle made that a commercial licence).