• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows The LowRez Dead!! - LowRezJam 2017 Entry

The LowRez Dead is a top - down mouse controlled game, where left button moves you and right button shoots. You are Jack Times, and the zombie apocalypse has happened. Your food supplies are empty and you need to restock - by finding 10 portions of food!

The game is played across one map. It is one hit kill so if you die, you restart. To access new sections of the map you must find keys to unlock the gates. You must also keep finding bullets - ammo is precious.

There are two bosses to kill, one halfway and one at the end. For those who like the game and complete it, the run is timed; so you can try and beat your time / post your best time to gloat to others/me!

A good timed run is 8-10 minutes, but in theory it'll take you a few goes to complete so I estimate an average player will take 30-60 mins before completing.
This game was 100% completely made during the LowRezJam 2017 time frame, in my spare time. For those who don't know, the LowRezJam is limited to a 64x64 pixels view.

The graphics were done by me and this is the first time I have ever done pixel art, so I'm sorry if my attempts make you cry! I think for a first attempt it's not that bad though ;)

Sound effects are from soundbible.com licensed under Creative Commons by Attribution 3.0., except the key collect sound which is from noiseforfun.com. The background music is by playonloop.com and licensed under Creative Commons by Attribution 4.0.

Any bugs/feedback please let me know. I have only done a Windows version for now, but if people ask I will do a Mac one. I just don't want to spend the time doing a Mac version if no-one ends up playing it! :) If anyone wants to test a Linux version I'll send it to them; let me know if it works, and if it does I'll make it available.