Alpha The Legend of Lorosity (RPG)

R

Raining_Indoors

Animations are silky smooth which hugely adds to the overall feel and quality. It's actually rarer than you think for 2d rpgs to have full-on battle animations, heck, even idle animations are scarce. So props for that, it really makes your game stand out.

The art, however, is in desperate need of shading and highlights. While the some of the lines and shapes are a bit rough and in need of redrawing/anti-aliasing, they'd be passable if you implemented proper lighting for each sprite. And I really mean it, the difference would be night and day, it would be crazy not to do it.

I'm not sure if you guys were planning on adding shading/highlights later on, or if you're not sure how to go about it. If you're not sure, you can send me a static sprite of any character/enemy in a pm, and I can add shading/highlights as an example for you.

S

Smw

That is something that the animator is aware of and we are constantly working on improving the overall graphics/shading. We are not sure of the battle sprites just yet but we are looking into it, with it just being only one person who does all the art work for the game and only one programmer it takes quite a bit of time. We actually came up with this game and started it back in 2008 and then stopped and started working on other projects because we felt we were not ready to develop a game like this considering a rpg takes a lot of programming time and work. Now that we are comfortable enough with our current skill level we have been hard at work on this game. Here are some examples so you can see how the art work has been improving over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Smw

Story Demo is coming along smoothly

S

Smw

Here are some current Wip screenshots! The story demo is coming along nicely!

S

Smw

Been awhile since we have updated this page a lot has happen and change over time. All of the battle mechanics are done now we our just focusing on mechanics outside of battle. We have started implementing the story into the game and doing the locations as well.
The equipment system is finish and now the character can now equip different Weapons, Armor, Legs, and Accessories and they will effect the character stats appropriately.

The Grade Bar you will see in the screenshot in this post its your agility bar. Your Weapons effect your character speed not your level. So example if you are on level 99 but you have a strong weapon that makes you slow and your fighting a enemy who is level 20 but its a speed enemy if that enemy has a higher agility grade then you he will be faster then you. Certain Moves or actions will effect this in battle as well. We will dwell more into the mechanics when we are closer to releasing the Story Demo which will be the prologue portion of the game.

In the screenshot the top two images are from the in game cut scene that plays at the beginning. The bottom two screen shots are from the new redesign party menu and the equipment screen.

S

Smw

Update 8/4/18
Game still being develop and we are still prepping the story demo that we want to release on steam. As of right now our focus is mainly going to be on pc/mac and Nintendo Switch and then later Possibly Xbox and PlayStation. But still have some ways to go before we get into the consoles. We have switch over to Game Maker Studio 2. (Zetroc)I am in the process of checking scripts and making sure everything works in game maker studio 2 and doing any fixes I need to do to make sure everything is working the way it was in game maker studio.