Tama Cannon 07/31
EVERYTHING HAS A COST
The GMC Jam is a WILD game development contest run every 3 months by the GameMaker Community. This is the 36th such jam.
Members compete to make the best game possible over the course of just 96 hours.
GMC Jam 36 will take place on the following dates:
February 27th, 2020 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 2020 12:00 UTC
- Any GMC member can take part in the GMC Jam. You must use GameMaker to create your game.
- Games must be made between 12:00 UTC on February 27th and 12:00 UTC on March 2nd, and posted in the games topic.
- You may use resources such as graphics, sounds and scripts that were made prior to the jam, as long as the bulk of your work takes place during Jam weekend.
- You may create one post per entry in the games topic. You may create this post before your game is finished and continue editing that post to update your progress, in fact you are encouraged to write a devlog!
- All entries must have a download link in the Games Topic before it closes at 12:00 UTC on March 2nd.
- All entries must work on Windows as a standalone executable / compressed zip folder. No installers please. Your entry can also work in HTML5 and on other platforms, but only the Windows build will be judged.
- All entries are encouraged to follow the Jam theme. It isn't mandatory to do so, but you'll often get more favourable reviews from your peers!
- You may participate alone or in a team of up to 3 members. See the "teams" section below if you're looking for teammates.
- As soon as the Jam ends on March 2nd at 12:00 UTC, a zip folder of the games will be created and posted in the voting topic so that players can download all the entries at once if they wish.
- Voters will then have around 2 weeks to play and rank the games and voting will close on March 16th at 9:00 UTC.
- Any member of the GMC can vote, even if they didn't enter the jam. You cannot vote for your own entry. Votes shall be posted in the voting topic.
- Voters are encouraged to rank as many games as possible, and their final votes must include at least their top 3 games. More information on this will be provided in the voting topic when it opens.
That's all you need to know, but more information will be available in the Voting Topic when it opens!
- The winner(s) get to decide the Theme of the next GMC Jam.
- The top 3 entrants, as well as winners of the "Best Of" categories will win personalised banners for their forum signature and a place in the Hall of Fame topic.
- More to be confirmed...
Members can offer their own prizes for the GMC Jam. PM me, @GameDevDan , and I'll add your prize to the list. NOTES: You should offer something based on your skills, rather than a commercial prize. You will also need to handle giving out the prizes yourselves after the end of the jam.
- @Alexx I'd like to offer a paperback copy of my free ebook "Introduction To Game Design & Programming" to the bottom 2 entries:
- ...no more prizes, why not submit one?
You may enter the GMC Jam as part of a team (up to 3 members). Sometimes collaborating as part of a team can help you to e-meet new and interesting people. Here we will list people looking for teammates. If you want to be added to the list, send me @GameDevDan , a private message with the skills you are offering.
- @JacktheBlindRabbit has found a team.
- @Misu. My skills are programming (gml), art, and shaders (glsl es).
- @AnotherHero - I am exclusively a GML programmer. Also, could you do me a favor and leave a note that I work full time every day that the jam is going on, so I will only be able to work ~2 hours a day? I just don't want to find a team and leave them disappointed.
- EXAMPLE: ( Member ) is a ( Skill ) looking for a ( Other Skill )...
The more people that enter the jam, the more fun we'll all have! Spread the word far and wide. Use the hashtag #GMCJam on Twitter (and other social media networks), join the Discord Chat, and talk about your games on the GameMaker Reddit. You are, of course, encouraged to talk about the Jam as much as possible here on the GameMaker Community. Create a devlog on the Work In Progress forum if you dare, and definitely post your thoughts, comments and memes in this very discussion topic!
You can also change your signature to tell other GMC members about the jam: