• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Alpha The Last Dwarf's Story

kamiyasi

upload_2017-7-30_12-19-57.png

Here's a very early look at my top down action RPG, which I have been working on for nearly 2 months and hope to have ready for crowdfunding before the end of the year.
As you can see, most things are still in the "test graphics" phase, but the mechanics are coming together nicely.
upload_2017-7-30_12-22-34.png
I have made a tileset that is much more organic but I haven't optimized it for scaling yet since it's still a WIP.

Completed Features
  • A pause menu with the following completed features:
  • Graphics settings including anti aliasing, windowed mode, and V-sync
  • System settings including sound and music volume and gamepad options
  • Fully customizable key bindings
  • World map that automatically updates with each new area discovered
  • Combat system with melee attacks, player and enemy health, death, and game over.
  • Save and load system which saves system settings and game progress
  • Large overworld map with dynamic camera that both follows the player and has ALTTP style screen border transitions
  • Physics based collision system with tight player controls
  • Experience and leveling through combat which will later be used to purchase new weapons
  • Interactable NPCs with dialogue (dialogue choice options not finished)
Planned / WIP Features
  • Weapon forging in which various weapons with different stats and elemental buffs can be made
  • Dungeon crawling with puzzles, combat arenas, and boss battles
  • Ranged weapons and elemental abilities
  • Story elements and scripted character events
  • Speedrun friendly features such as a gameplay timer
  • Improved graphics, polish, and optimazation
If you'd like to try it out and have feedback on anything, here's the application.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m23xju49kj8q308/LastDwarfsStoryPA.exe

Last edited:

kamiyasi

The dwarf character feels great, very fluid and responsive. Did you create the art for the player yourself?
Yes. Thank you. I'm not entirely happy with it though and will probably redo the character a little more stylized and expressive at some point.

T

TGHoly

for crowdfunding IMO you need to put more detail on background, maybe it's better if you can to focus on 1 tileset and try to polish it with many detail as possible show people with example of your work at full potential. character sprite look very good already and good luck with future crowdfunding. :)