Wouldn't basically everyone still have the theme You Are Not The Hero then?
i think he meant that you should remake the game in your own style
Yes to most of theseIf you think it's not fair for the 1st, what about the last one who get to use mine as model (^^ my game is unplayable)
It depends what you mean by "similar".
- recreate the perfect clone.
- or inspire a remake using the general idea and graphic style
- or kinda make a sequel
Just like how there is some 'room' to wiggle around with any theme for any jam you have the same here:
- The game above me is about forces of good and evil in space; so I would create a game that has anything to do with space, or one of the two forces; or just do something with 3D (which is what really makes this game stand out!)
- @sylvain_l , the person below you could create a game that has something to do with computer chips, or perhaps the switching of colors, or simply a puzzle game.
- It doesn't have to be the exact same theme, for example; if someone where to use the winning game 'Coincide' by @The M , then they could create a game that is a 2D platform puzzler, or make a game where you're in the shoes of the 'hero' of the game and fight of both skeletons and a greedy thief, perhaps you could play the evil guys and build a fort to defend yourself from the 'hero', or make something totally different and just take the 'medieval' scenery as inspiration to make a game.
- All the above ideas from @sylvain_l are completely valid options too! I would love to see a sequel for some of the games; or seeing how close someone can get a game to function just like someone else's.