• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android The Google Play App Signing Push

G

Guy_Typing

Hey guys, I have a game that I upload to the google play store and one thing I've been noticing lately is that google is pushing their app signing BIG TIME! Every single time I upload a new apk I have to look at this thing and hit cancel.

app_signing.png

Google still has the app signing tab for optional joining, but the fact that they are harassing me with this every single time I upload an APK, and have to cancel it, worries me.

It makes me think that as a company they are moving towards making this mandatory. Considering that GMS does NOT support app signing, I am wondering if anyone knows if yoyo games is prepared for this possible eventuality.

Mert

And GMS2 still doesn't support Google app signing.
It doesn't work like that.

I use this "feature" for my apps, Google simply removes your original certificate, and pit their signed one.

If you use APIs that require your hash, you must add the one from GPGS panel for the production.(Since people will use the apk that they download from Google Play which is signed by Google)