The GMC Jam Suggestions Topic

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti
Forum Staff
@Toque Actually, GM48 mentioned by @Selek is a separate competition. I think it originated from GameMaker reddit, but I'm not sure.

At any rate, these competitions are independent.
You are free to participate in both. GMC Jam timeframe has been helpfully shifted in a way that these competitions alternate between one another (so that a given GM48 run ends up roughly right between two GMC Jams, and vice versa).
At the same, note that we don't host GM48; this forum section is dedicated to GMC Jam only. I guess there's nothing wrong with making Community Chat topic about the upcoming GM48, though.

Toque

@Toque Actually, GM48 mentioned by @Selek is a separate competition. I think it originated from GameMaker reddit, but I'm not sure.

At any rate, these competitions are independent.
You are free to participate in both. GMC Jam timeframe has been helpfully shifted in a way that these competitions alternate between one another (so that a given GM48 run ends up roughly right between two GMC Jams, and vice versa).
At the same, note that we don't host GM48; this forum section is dedicated to GMC Jam only. I guess there's nothing wrong with making Community Chat topic about the upcoming GM48, though.
thanks the clarification!!! Sorry for any confusion.

Mercerenies

Do you mean jam 38? Or am I missing something?
Seems like we just finished GM jam 37 and everyone is taking a Jam break. Things heat up a couple weeks before the next jam. I think there is between 30-60 entries. "Is it worth it?" Yeah its tons of fun if you like doing jams.

There is one more this year. You can look at the last Jam posting and look at the games. Look at the posts. Get a feel of what its about. You could always give it a shot. Its a challenge but its rewarding and fun.

Did you have specific questions that I haven't answered? I usually finish top three so you should take everything I say as fact........ Everybody fights to be on my team. Nintendo has been scouting me. I'm holding out for more money. You can name drop "Toque" if you need anything around the jam people. Hahaha

But seriously ask lots of questions if you have any.
Toque.
I believe Selek is asking about another GM-related jam. I don't know anything about it really, but I have heard people talk about it at least.

EDIT: That'll teach me to refresh the page before responding. Now I feel dumb 😓

Selek

Thanks for the replies. I didn't mean to cause confusion! My apologies. Maybe I'll open a separate thread about GM48 in Community Chat, as @Alice suggests.