Forum Game The GMC GMZ hot potato

W

Wraithious

Hi, so I thought It might be fun to post a gmz and have you guys add stuff to it, random anything at all but no deleting or modifying existing content others have added to it, I wonder what we can come up with haha
This GMZ I made today does 3 things, it flashes a sprite when a semi colon is pressed on the keyboard, then lets you know via text that you pressed it, and then plays a generic lazer sound sample. It also displays a variable sized text window with word wrap, including scroll functionality for scrolling through long text input.
Download HERE
Modify and add stuff to this gmz, or make it better and/or run smoother, random anything at all and repost the GMZ link on the forum topic so others can mod it.
Anytime someone updates it I'll re post it to my google drive and post the new link in the OP and my reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wraithious

https://drive.google.com/open?id=130J5vbYPU44vbMcFxaNkiAWgOniUyyiH

Added a special code phrase which if inputted into the text (by itself), the screen will be showered in fireworks particles. ("CG ROCKS!")

@Wraithious you should update your own link so I can delete this one from my drive later.
awesome haha that's cool, I downloaded it but it seems to be the original gmz, maybe you uploaded the original by mistake?

Thats a good idea tho, anytime someone updates it I'll re post it to my google drive and post the new link in the OP and my reply.

W

Wraithious

As by this great suggestion in community chat
  • You can modify other people's code in the interest of improving it, tweaking it for balancing, fixing bugs, adding format to it (variable naming schemes) or altering conflicting code.

• In certain circumstances, you can remove code if it's really bad (riddled with bugs, or unproductive), unnecessary, badly maintained, or simply just counter productive to the goal of the project (troll edits).
I will change the rules of this forum game to the above sugestions