Windows The GM OS Project (GameMaker Operating System)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Is the ability for me to create .shl programs available now? or only once you've released the os?

O

orSQUADstra

Is the ability for me to create .shl programs available now? or only once you've released the os?
Now that I moved the project over to GMS2, I might not be able to get the method to work that I used previously to load these .shl programs, so I might have to change it up a little :D But the idea would be that before the project is ready for release, I'll do a closed release to test for bugs and get feedback on the writing of .shl programs and just general feedback.

But anyway, I haven't updated you guys for a while (mix of being busy and working on other projects) so here's a little preview of the new look:

E

Eggyy

Will the option for custom themes be a thing? Like customising the font, text color, gui colors, background ect?

O

orSQUADstra

Will the option for custom themes be a thing? Like customising the font, text color, gui colors, background ect?
Of course the background can be customized, as well as the colors. At the moment the font can't be changed, but I might make them customizable as well. I'm not really sure about the shape of things, we'll see about that.

Sadly the project is not progressing much as of lately because I don't have much time to work on it, but I'll try my best to finish it once! :D

Last edited:
S

Sam (Deleted User)

This has evolved into one SEXY beast!

I do not recommend becoming one with bestiality; it's just an expression.

Edit: the Linux and BSD communities could really use your sense of artistic direction. Perhaps from this project could birth a new desktop envirnoment?

Last edited by a moderator:

MeBoingus

This actually reminds me of the old Sub OS 'Owl OS.' Only 1000x better! I'd really love to see this project completed. It'll be the first Sub OS to come out of GM in literally years.

O

orSQUADstra

any update on this @orSQUADstra ?
This actually reminds me of the old Sub OS 'Owl OS.' Only 1000x better! I'd really love to see this project completed. It'll be the first Sub OS to come out of GM in literally years.
The project is currently on hold (not cancelled or anything), my free time is a bit limited and I work on other projects apart from this. I think the time I will continue the work on this project will be after I'll be able to make my own, more optimized blur shader and after making a stand-alone UI system that contains tons and tons of different UI elements, and can be customized more easily. I'll then take that and edit it a bit to fit this project as best as it can. Maybe until then I'll also figure out a good and optimized method of loading shells for the ease of the community, and I'll try my best to keep it GML. But I'll focus on making a nice UI system first, wouldn't want to realize I could've done something much better after I have a code specifically for this project and then having to rewrite it all. But in the meantime, the project will most likely continue to be on hold

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
I am so upset and completely disappointed that this project will probably never be finished

orSQUADstra if you are out there some where, I wish you luck with whatever new project you are working on

Vishnya

This project could have already been completed if gms had constructors and package managers at that time, which made it possible to effectively break large projects into separate solutions...

MeBoingus

This project could have already been completed if gms had constructors and package managers at that time, which made it possible to effectively break large projects into separate solutions...
Firstly, may I just say, it's very weird that you didn't post for almost four entire years, and then came back to say this.

Secondly, and more importantly, something tells me any additions to GMS2 wouldn't have aided in this project at all:

I use GameMaker 8.0

Misu

Welp there is an old motto for this actually...

if 1 person goes down, someone else will (should) step in

Any volunteers in here?

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Seeing as this project is abandoned and the user is no longer around, I'll lock this topic to avoid more necro bumping

Status
Not open for further replies.