Windows The GM OS Project (GameMaker Operating System)

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by orSQUADstra, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable Time Killer

You should consider making this into a Linux theme!

2. EvanSki

EvanSki King of Raccoons

Is the ability for me to create .shl programs available now? or only once you've released the os?

3. orSQUADstra

orSQUADstra Member

Now that I moved the project over to GMS2, I might not be able to get the method to work that I used previously to load these .shl programs, so I might have to change it up a little :D But the idea would be that before the project is ready for release, I'll do a closed release to test for bugs and get feedback on the writing of .shl programs and just general feedback.

But anyway, I haven't updated you guys for a while (mix of being busy and working on other projects) so here's a little preview of the new look:

[​IMG]

4. Eggyy

Eggyy Member

Will the option for custom themes be a thing? Like customising the font, text color, gui colors, background ect?

orSQUADstra likes this.
  5. orSQUADstra

orSQUADstra Member

Of course the background can be customized, as well as the colors. At the moment the font can't be changed, but I might make them customizable as well. I'm not really sure about the shape of things, we'll see about that.

Sadly the project is not progressing much as of lately because I don't have much time to work on it, but I'll try my best to finish it once! D:

Liam Jacobs and Eggyy like this.