• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows "The given key was not present in the dictionary" error on compile

hogwater

After clicking on the play/test button today, I'm getting a "The given key was not present in the dictionary" error when trying to compile. It was working fine yesterday, not sure what the deal is.

I installed Visual Studio 2017 after I started getting the error, hasn't helped. What do?

hogwater

Also twice today I have gotten a "license has been locally meddled with" error on startup, after which I am able to login normally. Wtf.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
try deleting your um.json file (usually found in %appdata\GameMakerStudio2), see if that helps.... (it'll force you to login again, but might be fine after that)

kumitassu

After clicking on the play/test button today, I'm getting a "The given key was not present in the dictionary" error when trying to compile. It was working fine yesterday, not sure what the deal is.

I installed Visual Studio 2017 after I started getting the error, hasn't helped. What do?
Could it be that you had to set path again in settings? I had to set it recently to "vcvars32.bat" that I was able to compile with YYC on VS 2015.

If you are using Visual Studio 2017, then you will need to supply a path to the "vcvars32.bat" file, which should be in the VC > Auxiliary > Build sub-folder, e.g.:
From "YYC Requires Extra Preferences To Be Set (PC)" https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/235186048-Setting-Up-For-Windows

hogwater

try deleting your um.json file (usually found in %appdata\GameMakerStudio2), see if that helps.... (it'll force you to login again, but might be fine after that)
I tried this, no luck. I have a ticket open but I am only getting one response per day.

Could it be that you had to set path again in settings? I had to set it recently to "vcvars32.bat" that I was able to compile with YYC on VS 2015.

From "YYC Requires Extra Preferences To Be Set (PC)" https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/235186048-Setting-Up-For-Windows
This was the first thing I tried before opening a ticket, didn't work. Before I got these errors I didn't have either Visual Studio (2015 or 2017) installed. Installed 2017, and it was already pointed to vcvars32.bat, although it was in a different location than recommended in that article. I tried pointing it to the one recommended, no change there either.