Toolmaker of Bucuresti
A BIG MISTAKE
Thursday 27th May, 2020 12:00 UTC
Monday 31st May, 2020 12:00 UTC
- Any GMC member can take part in the GMC Jam. You must use GameMaker to create your game.
- Games must be made between 12:00 UTC on May 27th and 12:00 UTC on May 31st, and posted here in the games topic.
- You may use resources such as graphics, sounds and scripts that were made prior to the jam, as long as the bulk of your work takes place during Jam weekend.
Assets/code created before the Jam should be listed as such, and you must have a license for any assets that aren't yours. (e.g. using royalty free music is fine, but using soundtrack from existing game without permission is not)
- You may create one post per entry in the games topic. You may create this post before your game is finished and continue editing that post to update your progress, in fact you are encouraged to write a devlog!
- All entries must have a download link in the Games Topic before it closes at 12:00 UTC on May 31st.
- All entries must work on Windows as a standalone executable / compressed zip folder. No installers please. Your entry can also work in HTML5 and on other platforms, but most reviewers will only play the Windows entry.
- All entries are encouraged to follow the Jam theme. It isn't mandatory to do so, but you'll often get more favourable reviews from your peers!
- You may participate alone or in a team. Only one team member creates a post for the game in the topic - do not create multiple posts for the same game.
Recommended post format:
Developer Name / Team Name
DOWNLOAD LINK (when finished)
- maybe a screenshot here -
- your devlog here -
You can keep editing your post to write a devlog about your game.
You can also post in the discussion topic as you develop your game.
Do not post more than one post per game in the games topic.
Suggestions - please read!
Some things to note when you're developing your entry:
- Make sure to explain the controls and mechanics of the game. If you can't introduce mechanics in the game itself, make a README.txt file with explanations instead - Jam Player will detect it automatically
Note: you can't call it "READ ME", it must contain "README" without spaces. If the file is essential to understanding the game, call it "README PLEASE".
- PLEASE, optimize the file size of your game. This is a four day game jam, you don't need 500MB of .wav audio files bulking out your project. Make sure you set your music files to "compressed" in the sound editor in GameMaker, and we'll all be happy.
- Make your Games Topic post pretty! We are expecting a lot of entries this time, some reviewers may simply pick the most interesting games from this topic instead of playing every single entry. Spare some time in your jam schedule to make your post here look attractive.
Last edited by a moderator: