GMC Jam Discussion The Fuzzy GMC Jam 41 Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16767

AMON MISSED E. Why is this guessing game cursed?

AURA MARQUEE

EDIT: Too tired to play this game right now. Will maybe return tomorrow... maybe not. Mua hahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey friends! Which of these prizes would be the most valuable to you? Deciding what I want to offer, and I'd like it to be something people would genuinely want to win. Maybe I'll run a little poll here.

• "Like" 👍this post for Pixel Art Sprites
    • One character (the highest res I'll do is SNES style like my game here)

• "Love" 😍 for Pixel Art Tilesheet
    • You choose the theme/terrain, I'll make it (refer to my game for an example)

• "Haha" 😆 for Music
    • I'll write and record a loopable song for your game specifically based on your chosen theme (music like I have here)

• "Wow" 😲 for Thumbnail Artwork
    • Fancy artwork for a thumbnail image like I did for this game I made for the Great Spring Jam

Last jam I offered play tests with an analysis of the results to the top 3 developers and while they were all super super friendly, they didn't take me up on it. So I figured I'd check in to see if there's something else I could offer that folks would like.

So which of those prize options listed would you like the most?

Edit: removed the gift card option, as wholesome as it is, its against the forum rules as prizes can not be in any monetary form or direct cash. -Evanski
Edit: my bad! I should have read the forum rules more closely. Thanks for catching that! -Jordan
Looks like Sprites & Music tied, so I'll be the tie breaker and choose to offer Music. Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Micah_DS

@Micah_DS is a music & sfx producer, looking for anyone making a game that needs audio.
Quoting to help it get seen by my potential teammate(s), :) and I also want add:
if you're making a horror game or something excessively gory, I'm not your guy.

Barring the disturbing, I'm passionate about making pretty much anything: Playful, melancholy, intense action, etc. I'm also very comfortable with GameMaker and GML and I have some art knowledge and skill. While I can't take on the coding or art roles alongside the audio role, I should be able to help out in small ways with pretty much any aspect of the game.

If you join me:

Micah_DS

Theme allowing, I'm planning to make a game about a serpent taxi driver: How experienced are you in the sacred musical art of snake-jazz? ;)

Easy, I just dump snake oil all over my keyboard and record myself slapping it a few times. The result is this masterpiece of an example:

https://soundcloud.com/frznfire%2Fsnake-jazz
( Just because I said I'm passionate about making pretty much anything, it doesn't mean I'll be good at it, I'll just enjoy making a musical mess. :p )

Roldy

*deleted inappropriate suggestions* -Evanski
It is bad enough you feel uncomfortable with medical terms. Now you can't handle homophones of medical terms?

Anis (Arabic: أنيس‎) is a masculine given name. The meaning of the name Anis is "genial" or "close friend".
Anil indigo; deep blue.

Is 'homophone' going to be a trigger? It has the root 'homo!'

Protect the children from the dictionary!!!

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
It is bad enough you feel uncomfortable with medical terms. Now you can't handle homophones of medical terms?

Anis (Arabic: أنيس‎) is a masculine given name. The meaning of the name Anis is "genial" or "close friend".
Anil indigo; deep blue.

Is 'homophone' going to be a trigger? It has the root 'homo!'

Protect the children from the dictionary!!!

Im done managing comments.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
The problem is that somebody is not giving us any confirmations if our guesses are right or not...once I noticed that, I chose to not mess with guessing anymore. For all I know I've already guessed the right answer so why spend more time on it.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
The problem is that somebody is not giving us any confirmations if our guesses are right or not...once I noticed that, I chose to not mess with guessing anymore. For all I know I've already guessed the right answer so why spend more time on it.
The correct theme has already been guessed ;)

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
The correct theme has already been guessed ;)
OK, I'm leaning ANTI-MISSILE, ABIG-MISTAKE isn't bad but that would assume the spacing was purposefully not correct.... would you care to share who guessed it? We all guessed multiple ones so you still wouldn't be fully revealing it.

Pixel-Team

Master of Pixel-Fu
Ok, all joking aside. I'm 99% sure it's A BIG MISTAKE. Of course, I was also 99% sure that the last Spongebob movie wasn't going to suck, too. Now who's got egg on their face? Me. That's who. No more predictions from me.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I wont say who, but I will give you a clue.
Their profile picture is quite alright,
It has the color white.
As of my viewing, there are only 4 people here with at the least a good portion of white in their avatars....only 2 have shown guesses, and of those 4 guesses ONE of them match the letter/spaces scheme.

Ninety guessed A TEAM IS MADE, ALBUM IS TREE, and said they were leaning A BIG MISTAKE though they didn't originally guess that one.
Mr. Magnum has less white, guessed ANTI MUSICAL, which is the only one that matches spacing, but the newest letters revealed mean it can't be that one.

This means either I missed someone, you are referring to someone's avatar somewhere else(like Discord), the guess itself was stated outside this topic, , or you are using "it has the color white" quite loosely as in very little white or off-white(like Tsuka's grayish colors), or someone changed their avatar since you last saw it. I'm leaning to it being me having missed someone's guess. I know Toque has a lot of white but I didn't see any valid guesses, same with Siolfor.

Status
Not open for further replies.