• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GMC Forums The Failed GMC Meet-Up (only 2 people???)

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
@Nocturne and I were the ONLY two people to ACTUALLY show up at the GMC meet up! See, he's even indicating using his fingers how many people were present at the now-failed GMC convention/meet-up!

We are so disappointed (are we not @Nocturne??), did no one read the GMC meet up invite emails we sent out?!

Anyway, the pineapple pizza was really good. You guys missed out.

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
I don't remember receiving any invitation! :mad:

That said, I probably wouldn't be able to attend anyway, since if I recall correctly it was in Scotland (or was it England) and now that it's outside of EU, I'd need to get a passport first...

Though it wouldn't help @Nocturne anyway, since I'd probably pick not only a pizza with pineapples, but vegetarian at that. Though I'm not sure what's Nocturne stance on vegetarian pizza.
(or maybe I could actually do away without pineapples if the variety of other vegetarian ingredients was broad enough? I'm always up for some fresh basil... 🤔)

gnysek

Is this at Edinburgh airport? I slept there once, cause last planes are landing 5 minutes after last bust to train station, and last train to Dundee is 5 minutes before that bus :p

Not sure why you have chosen pineapple pizza over bacon roll...

O.Stogden

I don't remember receiving any invitation! :mad:

That said, I probably wouldn't be able to attend anyway, since if I recall correctly it was in Scotland (or was it England) and now that it's outside of EU, I'd need to get a passport first...

Though it wouldn't help @Nocturne anyway, since I'd probably pick not only a pizza with pineapples, but vegetarian at that. Though I'm not sure what's Nocturne stance on vegetarian pizza.
(or maybe I could actually do away without pineapples if the variety of other vegetarian ingredients was broad enough? I'm always up for some fresh basil... 🤔)
The UK and Ireland never agreed to join the Schengen Area, so you've always required a passport to travel to them. Same with UK travelling to the EU, whenever we go to France/Spain/Portugal on vacation we've always required passports and customs checks. I believe Romania, Croatia and Bulgaria have yet to join the Schengen Area too, despite being a part of the EU, so anyone travelling to/from those countries with the EU would require customs and passport for now.

Either way this is all lies! I live about 3 hours drive from Edinburgh and I would have obviously been the first to be invited being such a valued member of the GMC, and yet I was not! :(

GMC meetings are long distance for me. And with the problems of any traveling due to COVID-19 - cant we have meetings using ouija boards instead, where people take turns using them to talk to each other? Ouija boards are safe and no ones been harmed ( well more or less ) after using one. Their safe for the environment. Ouija boards produce no carbon emissions, when their used for long distant communications.

Chaser

I didn’t get an email either. Nor did I see anything on the forums or announcements.Think it’s obvious why the meet up was a failure guys. :( if you do do another one maybe it might be a good idea to perhaps work on a neutral meeting place, and get the confirmation in numbers first to know if it’s worth doing or not. Maybe next year you can hold an Xmas party meet up.:)

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
I legitimately can't tell if you guys are trolling or it was a technical screw-up where stuff that should have been sent didn't get sent. I wouldn't put either of those past anyone involved with the regarding matters, and both sound equally plausible... :p Thankfully, Mike isn't around anymore, so I can't get shot for saying that.

GMWolf

aka fel666
Yes, you're right, let's all buy VR headsets and meet in the M E T A V E R S E!

Smart Raccoon!!!

Or did you mean Zoom...? Oh.... Ok...
we should meet in minecraft or something (To make a virtual lobby) And half talks and 💩💩💩💩.

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
I had indeed been pondering whether the inclusion of a forward slash concatenated with the lowercase letter 's' was required as a suffix to the initial post in this thread that had been uploaded through my computer, as it of course had been an act able to be classified, colloquially, as a "t r o l l". Myself and my very good friend (whom I am now going to electronically ping using the at symbol - @Nocturne) have fabulously enjoyed reading your strings of text riddled with confusion and are, at present, undergoing a feeling of joy as we pronounce y'all PRANKED.

Last edited:

O.Stogden

I had indeed been pondering whether the inclusion of a forward slash concatenated with the lowercase letter 's' was required as a suffix to the initial post in this thread that had been uploaded through my computer, as it of course had been an act able to be clarified, colloquially, as a "t r o l l". Myself and my very good friend (whom I am now going to electronically ping using the at symbol - @Nocturne) have fabulously enjoyed reading your strings of text riddled with confusion and are, at present, undergoing a feeling of joy as we pronounce y'all PRANKED.
You've changed since you joined YYG...