Toolmaker of Bucuresti
Welcome to the GMC Jam #3 Games Topic!
Out of possible themes, TIME LOOP has been chosen!
Out of possible themes, TIME LOOP has been chosen!
- any GMC member is welcome to participate in GMC Jam and submit their entry
- each entry must be made by a single GMC member or a team of up to 3 people; people outside GMC can be in the team, as long as at least one GMC member is in that team
- each participant can make or contribute to as many entries as they want, but they can only claim rewards for one of them (unless the reward is given specifically for the entry)
- each entry must have a single post in this Jam's games topic (opened once the Jam officially starts), and no two entries can share the same post
- the Games topic post can be used to present the entry progress; it can also contain a devlog
- by the time the Jam ends, each Games topic post must contain a valid link to the entry downloadable file
- each entry must have a single, its own post in this very topic; no two entries can share the same post
- each post in this topic must be related to a single entry; the place for discussion is the discussion thread, not the games topic
- the entry post can be used to present the entry progress, as well as a devlog
- you are free to use any devlog format as long as you can make it work in a forum post
- by the time the Jam ends, the entry post must contain a valid link to entry files to qualify
- if you find this topic is closed and you cannot edit your entry anymore, DO PANIC because it means Jamming time ended and I started wrapping up the ZIP; also, send me a message as soon as possible with a valid link to the entry
- the entry must be an original creation made in GameMaker specifically for the Jam, within the Jam timeframe
- the entry might use assets (graphics, audio, scripts, extensions, Marketplace resources etc.) created before the Jam, whether by team members or someone else; however, the credits should make clear where the assets come from and which were made before the Jam
- the creators of the entry must have rights to all of the assets; unlicensed use of resources is not allowed
- the entry must be available as a Windows executable file, exported as a stand-alone file or as a ZIP; installers are not allowed
- the entry might be exported to other platforms as well (such as HTML5 or Android), but the Windows executable must be available
Remember, as everywhere else, general Community Guidelines apply.
To make things easier for both participants and Jam host, guidelines about entry post and file structure has been prepared. It's not mandatory to follow, but it's recommended, as it keeps things organised and makes wrapping up entries easier.
The template in the spoiler below is suggested for entry post. If you have your own creative idea about it, by all means go for it, but please do include:
- the game title
- the list of team members and a team name; or just your own username if you go solo
- the download link, clearly labeled as "DOWNLOAD"
[center][size=7]The Best Game Title in the World[/size] [size=5]by [b]My Username[/b][/size] // if the game is made by one person [size=5]by [b]Team XYZ[/b] (Xerxes, Yeti, Zed)[/size] // if the game is made by the team [size=5]by [b]Xerxes[/b], [b]Yeti[/b], [b]Zed[/b][/size] // if the team has no official name [img]http://link-to-screenshot.com/[/img] // if you have a screenshot <no screenshot yet> // if you don't [size=6][url=http://download-link.net/]DOWNLOAD[/url][/size] // if you have a playable version <no download yet> // if you don't yet // you might also include additional download mirror links // or e.g. link to the game page or topic in Made with GameMaker // but the download should be the first link of all [/center] // after that, present the devlog however you like, within rules
Additionally, when you wrap up entry files to download, it is suggested that you:
- make sure it's not an installer
- make a folder called "Entry Title by Author", or "Entry Title by Team Name", or "Entry Title by Comma, Separated, Authors", put unpacked game file(s) directly in that folder, and ZIP the whole folder
- make a README file with credits, especially if you used external assets; files with README in name are recognized by the application used for voting, and are easily accessible from there
- if your README file is necessary to play the game (e.g. it includes the instructions not available in the game), call it README_PLEASE; files with both README and PLEASE in name are recognized by the application, and result in highlighting the "Readme" button; if README is not required to play the game, please use the regular README
- if there's some additional information you need the voter to know after they play the game, but before they vote, you might make an AFTERWORD file (also recognized by the application); there you might mention cheat codes, explain the use of theme if it's not obvious or revealed at the late point in the game etc.; generally, something you would like the person after trying out the game, but before they vote
- if you still have some time, playtest the game and send it to your little dog, too; there are few things ruining the experience more effectively than crashes!
- make sure it's not an installer, just once again for a good measure
Once again, following these guidelines is not obligatory, but it'll be appreciated.
Now let the Jamming commence!