Steam The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED]

Heavybrush

The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED] is a remake of the original "ETERNAL CASTLE" from 1987, with additional game mechanics, sophisticated sound design, polished 2-bit CGA animated graphics, and modernized game design.​

The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED] is an ambitious attempt to modernize an old classic in order to keep its memory alive. Through detailed research and hard work, the production team tried to expand the experience while keeping the same 'feel' and emotional flow of the original masterpiece from 1987.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/963450/The_Eternal_Castle_REMASTERED/

Last edited:

Kyon

played this a while ago until the first "monster" inside the eternal castle.
Wonderful game, really inspiring. (great marketing as well)
Really enjoyed it, nice work on the atmosphere and animation. Took me back to the old cinematic platformers I love so much.

L

Lucia

very very nice! Like a futuristic game with a retro style. Did you make also a free version?

N

NeonBits

Solid spirited trailer with a good choice of music to team with it. The look has a "Flashback 2000" flavor mixed with "blade runner". Everything makes it look interesting.
Edit: I should have said : the art is fantastic! and there's a feeling of "Another World" in many scenes; Eric Chahi in the special thanks section; amazing

Last edited by a moderator:

Toque

I might try a game jam game in your art style.

Inspiring.

Excellente troppo buoano.
hai fatto la arte?

Last edited:

Heavybrush

it's a nice style to work with, is not simple as somebody could think, there is a lot of things that you have to manage because of the limitations

Wow... I'm unfamiliar with the original, but I applaud your decision to re-imagine a classic game. If you hadn't, I wouldn't know of it's existence. I've done something similar with board games, and arcade-machines (but you have inspired me to modernize an old computer game, which I will keep to myself for the moment.) ;) I digress.

Your graphics are incredible. Literally, breathtaking. I've never seen anything like this before. I've saved the Steam link, and will purchase this as soon as I've got room in my "gaming budget." I realize it's only $9.99 but I am very poor. I will come back and write a proper review some time soon-ish. Keep up the great work!

C

Cautious Cactus

Have yet to play it but OMG this trailer is awesome, the colors, style and music, everything is perfect. Kudos!

D

David Bunting

Looks so good! Loving the art style. Cant wait to try this

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I'm excited to purchase this sexy beast! :D I've had my eye on it ever since before it was on the showcase!

Toque

A nudge. One of my favourite games. I hope you enter your game.