• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Released The Conflux Story - An atmospheric adventure

C

chasingsyzygies

The Conflux Story is a pixelated, atmospheric adventure game about a love triangle, a lost guitar, and the daring sewer expedition that recovered the latter and shattered the former.

An object of immeasurable sentimental value has been lost. It now lies far below you, at the heart of a pitch black labyrinth filled with terrible things. And you aren't the only one interested in finding it. An old rifle and a strange dog will be your only companions on this suicidal recovery mission that any rational person would call hopeless.

You can download it for free or name your price at itch.io and GameJolt!

This is my first public release, and also my first attempt at something story-driven, as well as my largest project ever, and a bunch of other firsts. It was originally supposed to be a one month project. As of writing this, it will have been over a year (oops). Making this game was ridiculous and infuriating and hilarious and everything in between. If you decide to check it out, best of luck down there. Thanks for clicking and thanks for reading!!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

milch

hey this looks really interesting and pretty, but i couldnt make myself continue playing it even after a couple minutes... the walking is just paaaainfully slow, even just checking the other side of an area becomes a huge hassle...
also in the beginning it's a bit irritating that you have to stand in a specific spot to talk to her... i thought for a bit that maybe something was wrong with the controls or maybe i wasnt suppossed to talk to her yet. would be better, if you can activate the dialog also by standing right next to her.
there are some white objects lying around which stand out quite a bit, which i couldnt recognize what they were... i guess just trash? would be better to not have huge contrast for objects that you cant interact with.

i hope it doesnt sound too harsh, i really like the game and would like to see how the story goes, but the walking speed really is a deal breaker for me :/

C

chasingsyzygies

hey this looks really interesting and pretty, but i couldnt make myself continue playing it even after a couple minutes... the walking is just paaaainfully slow, even just checking the other side of an area becomes a huge hassle...
also in the beginning it's a bit irritating that you have to stand in a specific spot to talk to her... i thought for a bit that maybe something was wrong with the controls or maybe i wasnt suppossed to talk to her yet. would be better, if you can activate the dialog also by standing right next to her.
there are some white objects lying around which stand out quite a bit, which i couldnt recognize what they were... i guess just trash? would be better to not have huge contrast for objects that you cant interact with.

i hope it doesnt sound too harsh, i really like the game and would like to see how the story goes, but the walking speed really is a deal breaker for me :/
Sorry I'm a bit late!! No worries about being harsh, those are some fair and greatly appreciated critiques. I'm working on a patch right now that addresses these things. Oh, and if you haven't discovered already, you get the ability to sprint not too far into the game--hopefully that'll make the slowness a bit less obnoxious for the time being.