GMC Jam Discussion The Chimerical GMC Jam #8 Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadio

Potato Overlord
GMC Elder
@Misu: Sorry to hear that! But I completely understand how real life can get in the way of these Jams (I've missed a load latelt myself and will be lucky to have a few spare hours for this one!) Hope it turns out that this isn't your last, and that you pop back up for a Jam every now and again!

O

orSQUADstra

--S-------I----A--
Wash your indycars

So we'll have to make games where you're managing the pitstop at an indycar race apparently

G

Gno_Evenimente

It will be my first ever GMC Jam, but the difference between me and you is that I’ll win the Desktop license!

Genetix

I've always wanted to participate in a Jam here. Definitely stay busy and may not have time but I'll be following regardless and might even submit something! Good luck to everyone involved.

Micah_DS

I want to offer a game as a prize, but I'd like some input from you guys so I can choose a good game.

My only rules are that the game must be made in GameMaker, it must be under $30, and it must be available via Steam or the Humble Store.
I looked at the showcase, and I'm leaning toward Wuppo, Nidhogg 2, or Rivals of Aether, but I'd rather not give out a game most of you guys already have or don't want, so that's why I'd like to hear your suggestions.

And I'm going to give it to a random participant this time. I'll pick a winner via this website.
I decided to make it random because I wanted to further encourage participation over 'winning', so anyone will have a chance of getting it as long as they submit a game.

EDIT:
Due to some discussion on the GMC Jam Discord, I've decided to only include the top-half ranked entries, so the lower half won't get a chance at winning the game prize.
This is to encourage meaningful participation.

(I'll send a proper PM to @Ragarnak, once I know what game I will give)

Last edited:

Ziberteck

I'm interested in joining however I'd lose more than a day to work.

But i'll throw my hat in with the handicap.

Hyomoto

I assumed the spaces weren't... Literal I suppose. Like, I figured all the dashes were letters. I might be right, but everyone else keeps treating them as spaces!

JacobV

I assumed the spaces weren't... Literal I suppose. Like, I figured all the dashes were letters. I might be right, but everyone else keeps treating them as spaces!
I'm pretty sure the dashes can be either letters or spaces.

HayManMarc

Yes, spaces have been considered dashes in the past jams. I suppose it could be one big word, but I highly doubt it. :)

Edit: ninja'd^

A

Agreeable

Hang on a sec, I have been a week ahead of myself for a month now, with everything I have been doing in life. I will be able to enter this after all.

I thought that the Jam was on this weekend - right this minute.

Thought I'd mention again that I am looking for an artist to work with this jam. (It's only one week until the jam starts), I'd like to know my plans of team-members sooner rather than later. Otherwise I need to adjust my design to make up for the lack of an artist.

M

Mariorox1956

I've always wanted to do a jam, this seems like a good one to start on.

And since everyone likes trying to guess the theme, let me throw my hat in the ring here
Code:
- - S - - - - - H - I N - - - A - E
P O S T O F A S H R I N K S C A R E

spe

I’d like to join a team on a project for this if anyone is interested. I’m not exactly a programming master, but I can carry my own weight.

Bentley

Looking forward to this. Hopefully I can put together something. For me, it's all about the planning stage. If I jump into it without thinking it through, I'll end up doing a bunch of work, only to realize that it can't really come together as a game.

I've been away from GameMaker for too long, I feel like I have to join in for this! Let's find out if I can scrape off the rust and finish before the deadline :)

I also have a small prize I could give to 1st place (only if they want it; if not I can give it to 2nd, 3rd, etc). It's a "Killing Floor - Guest Pass" that gives full access to the game on Steam for 72 hours. I guess it's pretty fitting for a 72-hour jam!

F

FormalCloud

I've never participated in a GMC Jam (Boo on me) - so I am making up for that now. I'll be joining you lot this weekend to have fun!

See you there!

dadio

Potato Overlord
GMC Elder
Just thought I should mention (to the few who care lol) - if you are interested in grabbing all my fonts for commercial use free (by entering this Jam) please note THIS Jam will be the last time I offer this! I'm going all "Pro" like with my fonts and a load are gonna be kind of tied up in contracts soon (that don't allow me to give em away for free).
So if you want those 300 fonts - be sure to ENTER THIS JAM.

M

Misu

This is gonna be tough for me since i got myself a commitment for this weekend apparently but I cant just drop out again. Im not gonna let that happen. Im gonna try to use a base engine for scratching up my jam entry for when it begins so I would have something to work on quickly. Im gonna try to participate even if its only 4 hours of dedication.

sylvain_l

Code:
- - S - - - - - H - I N - - - A - E
B O S S   M E S H   I N   S H A P E
D I S C H U R C H   I N   G R A C E
M U S H E R S   H I I N G   P A C E

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Did someone say hype train?
upload_2018-5-21_21-43-12.png

Not 100% sure I'll have time time and energy to participate (currently having a cold) but not gonna say never~

F

FormalCloud

@Ragarnak You may want to member up the growing list of people who can't access the GMCJAM Discord - it's been 2 days for some folks. ;)

S

Storyteller

what HYPE is this that summons me to jam?
through strange aeons, the HYPE may not die.

Status
Not open for further replies.